• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Share your favorite Music

á´…eparted

passages
"Resurrect me," the voice said.

"Resurrect me," the voice insisted.

I looked around the forest. There was no one there to make a voice. I looked at the ground from whence a stone spoke, a stone without a mouth.

I knelt upon the stone and lifted it with my EPIC hands, blacksmith hands, large hands that could clap thunder.

As I made contact with the stone lightning came out of my finger tips and converged around the stone like dancing elementals.

"Squeeze me until I bleed," the stone said, "so that I may beat again like the heart of a tree."

I put the stone upon my forehead and since that day I have been known across these lands as the legend who rides the white unicorn and bares the marks of the bleeding stone.

I have saved many people in many strange lands too. In one land I met another man named Merlin who I slew. In another land I met another man named Merlin who I helped wed to a mistress of the night.

In all these lands I have been known as a Hero. Just go to your local Wall-greens and asketh if they knoweth the King of King Robert Himself. Garrow the Thief.

I LOVE Dead Can Dance! They were my favorite band for several years. I have all of their albums and love pretty much all of it. I was so excited when their new album came out and so sad I couldn't make it to a concert.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I LOVE Dead Can Dance! They were my favorite band for several years. I have all of their albums and love pretty much all of it. I was so excited when their new album came out and so sad I couldn't make it to a concert.

That is so surprising to me. It's not every day you come across another Dead can Dance fan! I played it once for my sister and she was like, "why is that Arabian girl having an orgasm on." I forget what song was playing when she said that but it was so funny. I personally really enjoy them. CHEERS!:D

á´…eparted

passages
That is so surprising to me. It's not every day you come across another Dead can Dance fan! I played it once for my sister and she was like, "why is that Arabian girl having an orgasm on." I forget what song was playing when she said that but it was so funny. I personally really enjoy them. CHEERS!:D

When I discovered she's actually singing in glossolalia I fell in love with them so much more. They have a depth and feeling to them that really is unparalleled. I am not aware of any other bands that can truly be compared to them, even on a sound level as well.

melomania

MBTI Type
INFP
Animal Liberation Orchestra, Blues Traveler, ELO, Kung Fu, Chromatropic, Tea Leaf Green, Widespread Panic, Talking Heads, Little Feat, Grateful Dead, Deep Purple, Greensky Bluegrass

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Really digging the new Pianos Become the Teeth album. For anyone into melodic indie rock (I don't know a better way to more narrowly categorize it) check 'er out. Here's a track.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

The first movement is pretty much the best example of my model for composing, not even so much harmonically and melodically, but in the way Mozart builds the piece. It is built around my idea of "organic development". Each melodic phrase in a section is developed from the previous one in some way, but no repetition is the same; this creates a very strong impression of unity and direction upon the listener while ensuring the music doesn't become boring. To me it also has the feel of a through-composed piece (that the composer sat down one day and just wrote out intuitively, without stopping). I like that.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of my favorite JS Bach organ pieces, especially for this time of year (I played this at church last Sunday, though not nearly as well):