• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Road

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Anyone seen it?

it's a 2009 post-apocalyptic drama/horror starring that dude who played Aragorn from LotR.

It's nearing midnight and I'm sitting in my basement, alone, and I decided to order it on pay-perview thinking it'd be an interesting drama/horror.

Little did I know I could only make it through the first half hour before I decided to save the rest for sunlit hours. It's an extremely bothersome film filmed with cannibalism and the tug of war between survival and suicide.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, Its an awesome movie! It kinda explains why I dont want to have kids. Have you seen Book of Eligh yet?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yes, Its an awesome movie! It kinda explains why I dont want to have kids. Have you seen Book of Eligh yet?

Yeah, that's the only reason he wasn't in a gang of scavengers. I thought about it and the whole movie is about the son..
No, but it's on my list of movies to watch..
and funnily enough, some people on youtube were talking about how the Book of Eli is a perfect sequal to The Road.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yea, Book of Eli is pretty damn cool man, watch it for sure :). It’s more about religion and power, but there are cannibals in the movie as well.

Anyway about "the Road", could you imagine raising a kid in that kind of world :(. F*ck that right!!!

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have read The Road. Someone gave me the book to read while I went on vacation to the seaside, and I had no idea about it. So, I remember the strangeness of being in the loveliest setting reading this nightmarish post-apocalyptic dystopia. Just be ready for that before you read it. It drags you very very far down to deliver its message. I have no ambition to see the film.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have read The Road. Someone gave me the book to read while I went on vacation to the seaside, and I had no idea about it. So, I remember the strangeness of being in the loveliest setting reading this nightmarish post-apocalyptic dystopia. Just be ready for that before you read it. It drags you very very far down to deliver its message. I have no ambition to see the film.

don't see the film.. please don't.