• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lebron is "special"

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
LOL @ having a TV show to inform the world what team you are going to sign with. Cuz Lebron's decision is groundbreaking stuff. Truly groundbreaking.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Makes sense to me, it's all anyone is talking about anyway, why not monetize it and give the proceeds to charity?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Makes sense to me, it's all anyone is talking about anyway, why not monetize it and give the proceeds to charity?

Like one article says, a couple of foosball tables donated to Boys and Girls Clubs is not the driving force behind this. It's about egos and being worshipped. Dude puts his pants on the exact same way that you and I do. Just when you thought you'd seen it all...

Oh well. As long as the Larry O'Brien trophy is in the right city, I won't worry too much about it. And it is. So I won't.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Although, I should say that just the mere thought of Wade, James, and Bosh all being on the same team is kind of a scary thought for the rest of the NBA.

Those 3 guys with just about any other 9 NBA players could probably be an elite team. If 2 or 3 of those other 9 are "pretty good", good luck beating them.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Even my political news shows are covering Lebron now. Can't blame the media, if it didn't get huge ratings, they wouldn't be doing it. Blame sports fans.

I think he's definitely going to Miami. It's his best chance at an NBA title, and that's the one thing he doesn't have yet.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Even my political news shows are covering Lebron now. Can't blame the media, if it didn't get huge ratings, they wouldn't be doing it. Blame sports fans.

Yeah you're right. I was listening to sports radio today and it just gets so old after about - 4 minutes. They just go around and around and around. What color are his panties? Does he have 7 nipples or 8? He was spotted at a coffee shop and someone overheard him talking about the Clippers. Blah, blah, blah. It's interesting to see where he goes, but they overhype it to the point to where you feel like you're in an insane asylum. But, if people tune in, they'll continue to talk it up like it's Armageddon.

I think he's definitely going to Miami. It's his best chance at an NBA title, and that's the one thing he doesn't have yet.

Yeah, I can't see him going anywhere else now that he has the opportunity to play with those guys. If so, that is going to be one heck of a squad. I think he should sign with the Indiana Pacers and then tweet: LOL Suckas!!!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
His narcissism finally got the best of his discretion. It's a shame; I liked LeBron, but after this, I'm not so sure.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Like one article says, a couple of foosball tables donated to Boys and Girls Clubs is not the driving force behind this. It's about egos and being worshipped. Dude puts his pants on the exact same way that you and I do. Just when you thought you'd seen it all...

Oh well. As long as the Larry O'Brien trophy is in the right city, I won't worry too much about it. And it is. So I won't.

I just can't agree with this. No matter what he says or does he's in the spotlight. Some armchair psychologist's opinion doesn't change that. Bosh and Wade got to go to a finals game this year, no problem. Bron just thought about going to one, but decided not to to avoid the attention, "NEWSFLASH LEBRON THINKS ABOUT GOING TO A GAME!". Wade has been just as coy as Bron about whether he would stay or go, but one is seen as handling it well, the other, is dissected every which way.
Bosh has a been a complete douche about the whole thing but nobody seems to care.

Tiger has a press conference to apologize for cheating on his wife. Ok.

Brett Farve has a press conference to announce his retirement, then doesn't retire. Fine.

But the biggest free agent decision in the history of the sport? Not worthy of our time.

Exactly my point. It's on every channel, all day, it's all anyone is talking about besides whatever is written on Lindsey Lohan's nail.

His narcissism finally got the best of his discretion. It's a shame; I liked LeBron, but after this, I'm not so sure.

Yes, everyone is talking about him, everyone wants to know what his next move is, people analyze every little thing he says and does, doesn't say and doesn't do, what he wears, who he surrounds himself with... The nerve of that guy.

Rant begins here: Joe Johnson, not half the player as Lebron. Same money, possibly more. Amare, no where near the class of player as Lebron. Same money. Bosh, a step above Amare, but still, no Lebron. Same money possibly more. The only player in who deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Lebron, arguably better, is Wade. Rant over.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Tiger has a press conference to apologize for cheating on his wife. Ok.

This situation is different, IMO, because the guy was coming out and humbling himself (the opposite of what Brett Fav-ruh and Lee-bron "da King" James) are doing. Tiger was saying, "guys, I screwed up. Big time. My bad. I acted like an idiot."

Brett Farve has a press conference to announce his retirement, then doesn't retire. Fine.

Ugh!! I am so tired of this dude and his shenanigans. I probably have harsher feelings toward him (and Roger Clemens when he did the "retire/unretire/retire/unretire/retire/unretire" routine) than I do for Lee-bron "da King" James.

But the biggest free agent decision in the history of the sport? Not worthy of our time.

It's certainly worthy of my time. Like I said, it's something I'm interested in. I wanna see where he ends up. I've been listening and watching just like every other fan. It's just that it's sooooo overhyped at this point. Anyone who cares about what color Lee-bron "da King" James' panties are or what he ate for dinner last night or anything remotely in that neighborhood - is in danger of losing their marbles.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I read the thread title as "Lesbian Special"

Hahaha, I'll take two to go, please.

:D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh yes I can, and will. The news media as a commercial entertainment outlet is a dysfunctional concept.

MBTI Type
INTJ
If he goes to Miami, I predict that next year's Heat will be one of the all-time most disappointing teams. You'd have the best 1-2-3 in the league, but the next nine guys are going to suck. Miami barely has anyone else under contract, and they'll be picking among scraps to fill out the roster. Look at the title teams of the last few years. Role players like Artest, Posey, P.J. Brown, Fisher, Horry, Prince, Haslem and Kapono are usually the difference.

If one of these three guys gets hurt, they'd be in serious trouble. Even if no one gets hurt, the minutes these guys will have to log are going to be tremendous because you can't sit them. That makes for a fatigued team come playoff time. And you don't have any role players like the guys above to bail you out. Finally, if LeBron goes to Miami, they will be the prohibitive favorites. Anything less than a title will be seen as a failure. You can't underestimate that kind of pressure, especially when Wade will be the only guy on the team that's ever won anything. My initial wild guess is a 50-win team that fails to make the Finals.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I read the thread title as "Lesbian Special"

Hahaha, I'll take two to go, please.

:D

:wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

Oh yes I can, and will. The news media as a commercial entertainment outlet is a dysfunctional concept.

I'm watching the Dylan Ratigan show, and what do I get? A segment about Lebron. :doh:

If he goes to Miami, I predict that next year's Heat will be one of the all-time most disappointing teams. You'd have the best 1-2-3 in the league, but the next nine guys are going to suck. Miami barely has anyone else under contract, and they'll be picking among scraps to fill out the roster. Look at the title teams of the last few years. Role players like Artest, Posey, P.J. Brown, Fisher, Horry, Prince, Haslem and Kapono are usually the difference.

If one of these three guys gets hurt, they'd be in serious trouble. Even if no one gets hurt, the minutes these guys will have to log are going to be tremendous because you can't sit them. That makes for a fatigued team come playoff time. And you don't have any role players like the guys above to bail you out. Finally, if LeBron goes to Miami, they will be the prohibitive favorites. Anything less than a title will be seen as a failure. You can't underestimate that kind of pressure, especially when Wade will be the only guy on the team that's ever won anything. My initial wild guess is a 50-win team that fails to make the Finals.

Valid concern. But I think unfounded. I see this as a better version of what happened when the Celtics first created the current roster. All three are younger than said roster and still in or approaching their primes.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Valid concern. But I think unfounded. I see this as a better version of what happened when the Celtics first created the current roster. All three are younger than said roster and still in or approaching their primes.

I agree with this. Of course if Miami has those 3 guys and don't win it all, it will be considered an epic failure, but I believe those 3 guys - as young as they all are - are better than Boston's Big 3. Boston's Big 3 had 3 guys who were top 20-ish in the league, all of which were on the downswing of their careers. KG is no longer top 20-ish, Ray Allen probably isn't either and Pierce is probably borderline top 20-ish.

On the other hand, LeBron is currently the most talented player in the world. Maybe not the most well-rounded, savvy, or mentally tough, but these are things still in progress. Talent wise, he's the best in the world. Wade is somewhere between #2 and #5 in the world, and Bosh is top 20-ish. Difference here is that these guys will be this good for years to come. Like I said in an earlier post, you could put any 9 NBA players on the roster and they'll be VERY GOOD. If you can get decent contributions from 2 or 3 of those teammates, they will be DOMINANT.

And as far as those guys logging huge minutes, the coach wouldn't need to play them a ton of minutes in the regular season. Give them their rest throughout the season - let the other 9 guys play - that's what they get paid to do. They'll grow into their roles. Then, come playoff time, you play the Big 3 as necessary. With those 3 guys, they could win multiple titles in the next 5-8 years.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree with this. Of course if Miami has those 3 guys and don't win it all, it will be considered an epic failure, but I believe those 3 guys - as young as they all are - are better than Boston's Big 3. Boston's Big 3 had 3 guys who were top 20-ish in the league, all of which were on the downswing of their careers. KG is no longer top 20-ish, Ray Allen probably isn't either and Pierce is probably borderline top 20-ish.

Are those guys better than Boston's big three? Sure. The problem is that Miami won't have anyone on the roster as good as Rondo or Big Baby or even Sheed when he's right. They're also better than LA's top three of Kobe, Pau and Odom. But they don't have a Bynum or a Fisher or an Artest. And the NBA isn't a 3-on-3 league. As great as those 3 guys are, NBA teams are good enough to exploit weaknesses. And if Miami goes this route, they will have weaknesses.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Are those guys better than Boston's big three? Sure. The problem is that Miami won't have anyone on the roster as good as Rondo or Big Baby or even Sheed when he's right. They're also better than LA's top three of Kobe, Pau and Odom. But they don't have a Bynum or a Fisher or an Artest. And the NBA isn't a 3-on-3 league. As great as those 3 guys are, NBA teams are good enough to exploit weaknesses. And if Miami goes this route, they will have weaknesses.

Yeah, I see your point. You have to have a roster without too many holes in it. A "complete" roster. I don't know what Miami's financial situation would end up looking like after signing all 3, but you'd think they would be able to sign a couple other decent players on the cheap to sort of round out the roster. They won't be able to afford another all-star, but I know the Lakers got Blake for like 4 million/year. He's a "formidable" player. He can at least "hold his own" out on the court. I would have rather had Ridnour - and he still may be available for the $3 million/year he was ready to accept from the Lakers. So, Miami should be able to add another 1 or 2 decent pieces to the puzzle, no?

MBTI Type
INTJ
So, Miami should be able to add another 1 or 2 decent pieces to the puzzle, no?

Well, that remains to be seen. Right now, Miami only has two players actually under contract...Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers. It's not like they already have any second bananas. And they'll be picking through the trash nobody else wanted to fill out the roster. Here's an excerpt from a story online that helps illustrate the fix they're in:

To say the signing of all three players would limit the Heat's financial options to add other is an understatement, and the only two players on the roster currently under contract will likely be needed to make the deal work.

The Toronto Raptors will likely trade Bosh to the Heat in exchange for Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley, and once they are gone the team will consist of Wade, James, Bosh, and draft picks Dexter Pittman and Da'Sean Butler.

Assuming that Pittman and Butler (both 2nd rounders, Butler with a shredded knee) basically contribute nothing this coming season, you have essentially a three-man team. Spots 4-12 on the roster are going to have to come from the clearance rack of free agency unless they mortgage a future 1st rounder - and with the expectations of this team, that's not going to be worth a lot.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, that remains to be seen. Right now, Miami only has two players actually under contract...Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers. It's not like they already have any second bananas. And they'll be picking through the trash nobody else wanted to fill out the roster. Here's an excerpt from a story online that helps illustrate the fix they're in:

To say the signing of all three players would limit the Heat's financial options to add other is an understatement, and the only two players on the roster currently under contract will likely be needed to make the deal work.

The Toronto Raptors will likely trade Bosh to the Heat in exchange for Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley, and once they are gone the team will consist of Wade, James, Bosh, and draft picks Dexter Pittman and Da'Sean Butler.

Assuming that Pittman and Butler (both 2nd rounders, Butler with a shredded knee) basically contribute nothing this coming season, you have essentially a three-man team. Spots 4-12 on the roster are going to have to come from the clearance rack of free agency unless they mortgage a future 1st rounder - and with the expectations of this team, that's not going to be worth a lot.

A report on ESPN just said that if they keep Chalmers and Beasley, along with their 3 (?) 2nd round picks - that would put them at 8 players, then they would fill out the roster with cheap free agents willing to take less for the opportunity to get a ring. They would definitely be over the cap, but other teams are as well. Their financial situation isn't pretty - that's for sure - but, I still think they can make this work. Beasley is no chump. The report said they may ask him to take a slight pay cut too.

Who knows?! It'll be interesting to see how it all goes down.