• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The new KITT...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Remember David Hasselhoff's magical Trans Am?

Yes, I am referring to the wonderful television show Knight Rider, the '80s television show with David Hasselhoff starring as Michael Knight, and his trusty talking Pontiac Trans Am KITT, a product of Knight Industries.

Now, it has been redesigned as a Ford Mustang, which will be set to appear in a made-for-TV movie Knight Rider.

This new Mustang, dubbed the Knight Rider 2.0, has advanced features to set it apart from its GM predecessor. But I'm sorry to say, that it's missing the coolest gadgets, which include as follows:

• Grappling hook
  • Oil slick jets
  • Flamethrower

Yes, unfortunately, the arcade-game features are now kaput, which means this TV movie, set to air in February, will be utter crap if you can't have the Spyhunter driving tactics. And I don't know about you, but where is the fun of having a car that can't burn people alive? If I was able to direct a Knight Rider movie (preferably one for the theater), I'd be going Verhoeven on this baby. There are just so many gratuitously violent possibilities to imagine for an action story about a super car. NBC continues to disappoint. And GM needs to get the Pontiac Trans Am back on the market...no sports car can replace the Trans Am.

Anyway, here is the article from Popular Mechanics.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I really don't know too much about cars but I liked Knight Rider as a child.
The show was sp thrilling that I always jumped up and down when watching it. :smile:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm currently watching the Knight Rider TV movie on NBC. Thus far, I can understand why it was made-for-TV and not theatrical.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm currently watching the show too, and i've noticed that the lead girl is the worst actress i have ever come across. it's hard to watch.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I rather like Val Kilmer's voice work, though. Visual effects are pretty cool, too, as far as a TV movie goes.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
they still could have worked a little better to get a less shitty actress. It would have made the movie quality much more enjoyable IMO.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they still could have worked a little better to get a less shitty actress. It would have made the movie quality much more enjoyable IMO.

I would have loved what Paul Verhoeven would have probably done if he was the director of a theatrical Knight Rider movie. I can just imagine one of KITT's gadgets being giant switchblades that swing out on either side of the car, running into the villains and cutting them in half.

It would also be cool if KITT had NOS in the bottom of the car that, rather than shoot from the back, would fire directly against the ground, perhaps making KITT jump over oncoming traffic!

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
It certainly says something when I'm thinking how David Hasselhoff's acting in the original was superior...

I think they did the standard "pick unknown (ie, cheap) but very attractive people irrespective of their acting skills" casting here. Painfully bad. Now they're getting into an interpersonal scene... oh, let it end!

:horor:

Edit:

Ugh... now KITT is channeling Commander Data... it gets worse...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If they ever make a theatrical version, at least make KITT a Camaro -- it's the most related to the Trans Am, which they unfortunately do not make as of now...not even as a concept car.

And I think if Paul Verhoeven made a theatrical movie, he can get away with the cheesy acting if he makes it like Starship Troopers and Robocop.