• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Totally Awesome Awful 80's Movies!!!

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Once Bitten :laugh:

51MVMKFP4GL._SCLZZZZZZZ_AA250_Once-Bitten.jpg

Also:

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the man adores the movie Howard the Duck... despite it's frequent appearance on lists of the worst movies ever :laugh:

Most of my favorite 80s movies are bad 80s horror movies, like Killer Klowns from Outer Space and the delightfully horrible remake of The Blob, though movies like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Uncle Buck, The Money Pit and things of that sort still tend to delight me as well... though not as much as Killer Klowns :(

gromit

likes this
Has anybody said Chipmunk Adventure yet? :workout:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7YQhYYVPO0"]Girls of Rock and Roll[/YOUTUBE]

thirtiesgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
the man adores the movie Howard the Duck... despite it's frequent appearance on lists of the worst movies ever :laugh:

Howard The Duck was released through Touchstone Pictures. My mom had bought stock in Touchstone shortly before the movie came out. Some guy came to her workplace, selling the stock, and my mom, who is usually a natural skeptic, was apparently so impressed by his sales pitch, that she bought the stock. From that point forward, she decided to see all the Touchstone pictures in the theater to see if they were doing anything "good" (by my mom's definition, which is highly picky). So of course we went to see Howard The Duck. Can you imagine seeing that movie in the theater with your mother?? It was painful, that's all I'll say. And the second we exited the theater after seeing that movie, the first words out of my mother's mouth were, "That's it! I'm selling the Touchstone stock."

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rofl1: watching duck on human action is bad enough with friends present... with a mother present that would be flat out traumatic!

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Things I don't recomend doing while on LSD: Watching "Howard the Duck"

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
f46041d0db9a52c5e10870aee8d60779c52fbba4.jpg

I was working out and rewatching this for no good reason other than the fact I hadn't seen it in decades, and the saxaphone comes on the soundtrack at the end.

They really overdid the sax in movies back then.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I found some.

[youtube="cSlPC4z4jvg"]Return of the Killer Tomatoes![/youtube]

[youtube="Y_pBD-1P9c8"]Hell Comes to Frogtown[/youtube]

I knew there was something. :rofl1:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Someone I like was having nostalgic feelings for a fantasy movie called Ladyhawke. I watched it, but because I didn't have a baseline of fond memories of it, I found it dreadful. The concept was good, but it couldn't save the movie in my opinion. The score is especially bad. Broderick's accent comes and goes. I can see how this movie is special to many people who grew up with it, but I would never watch it again.

Recently I watched some of The Last Starfighter and again I felt the idea was okay, but nostalgic feelings must be required in order to actually enjoy the movie.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Dailymotion - Bob Dylan: Hearts of fire (trailer) - a video

Bob Dylan's most inspired attempt at acting (playing a burned-out musician)

I don't recall Cocktail being mentioned.

20igins.jpg

and that one with Dudley Moore and the dude from Growing Pains

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Adventures in Babysitting

and, Of course:

[YOUTUBE="-1WSPAvT7qE"]Rhinestone[/YOUTUBE]

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most epic fight scene:

[YOUTUBE="EsZpdUUdd3I"]Put on the damn glasses![/YOUTUBE]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone I like was having nostalgic feelings for a fantasy movie called Ladyhawke. I watched it, but because I didn't have a baseline of fond memories of it, I found it dreadful. The concept was good, but it couldn't save the movie in my opinion. The score is especially bad.

Alan Parsons did the score.
I'm a fan of Alan Parsons in general... but I didn't think the music worked here.
Ladyhawke was definitely one of those movies I badly WANTED to like... but just never really could.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="J-6LPNXrA8o"]Zombie vs Ninja[/youtube]

Sounds almost awesome yet oh so very awful!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first Marvel comic made into a movie:

howard_the_duck_xl_02-film-a.jpg