• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my very own acid trance song

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
You've got me wanting to play around with my synth now. Too bad I'm leaving town tonight and can't bring it with me

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Haha, I know, it's great fun to do. The first time I heard the first version of the song I literally had an adrenaline rush during the loud part, thinking, "Cool, I just made this myself, not some famous producer."

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Latest version is up (second video in the first post), left the first one up for comparison. I will delete it from my youtube channel later when we're through comparing versions in this thread.

I must I'm pleased with the result, but after listening to the song for soooooo many times I'm fed up with listening to it right now. For my next song I'm thinking something more quiet, like ambient, chillout or liquid funk at most.

One thing I learned from making this song is that attention goes in the details. I made short tunes before and found that very easy to do, couple minutes of synth editing, laying down some notes and voilá, one minute of sound. Starting this song I assumed that making a whole song wouldn't be that much more difficult, wrong assumption.

think I spend about 2 hours creating the actual sounds, programming synthesizers adding main effects and making note patterns, another two hours sequencing the patterns and adding the subtler effects, and then well over 8 hours to fine tune everything, adding automation, making sure patterns fitted nicely, adjusting volumes on separate channels in the mixer.

Yeah, anything descent in quality, especially longer songs, take ALOT of effort to get just right XD

Check out OCRemix.org sometime, they have a TON of excellent remixers who work on synths primarily. I'm sure a few wouldn't mind helping out ^^

The average time to make a 3 minute song there is usually well over 20 hours, so as yeu said, it's all in the details and fine tuning.

To make something like a model in 3d, I've learned the same thing myself. Making the basic model takes very little time usually. The stupid stickfa I've been working on for the past 6 months took maybe 10 hours to make? Then about 100 hours more into perfecting the model, rigging, texture mapping, etc.

Considering I dumped 60 hours roughly into my car model, I don't want to think about how complex the fine tuning is going to be XD

So yeah, same goes with all art, I've noticed. Doing something that's alright isn't that hard once yeu're good. Doing something that's flawless and perfect takes such a ridiculous amount of extra effort XD

But that's the key difference between 'good' and 'truly great', is the little things.

After listening to yeur latest revision of yeur song, I think yeu've done a great job on the fine tuning ^^

I look forwards to yeur next piece, which should be even better as yeu'll be able to implement all the stuff yeu've learned this time around, from the very start, and build it from the ground up with that in mind, which should make it much easier, and even better quality still ^^

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Yes, I know, I said I was happy with it. But I did just edit the bassline over the main progression (the part after the break), and made one of the synths kick in with a snare roll rather then a fade in. Again, second video.