• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fullmetral Alchemist manga END

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
So how did you guys like the ending of the manga, and the series overall?

I found it interesting how in the end the author made it so... symbolic. From how I'm understanding the story and the author, Greed gave up his desire for power (and his life) for the sake of his deepest desire, friendship, and Ed gave up ultimate "truth"/knowledge for the sake of his loved ones. The main villain was seeking ultimate knowledge/power the whole time, which is why he attempted to absorb god/become a god, more than human, more than a homunculus. But in the end it was his undoing.

It was said by "truth" that homunculus should've been satisfied with the nature of his existence, inside that flask. It also said, in summary, the truth brings about despair. I think I agree with all of it.

I believe the final message here is to do with the plight of man, particularly NTs who desire knowledge above all else. Mankind's library of mythological and religious stories are replete with tales of those who seek to become like "God", and in so doing meet a bitter end. This story is much the same.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I stopped reading it last year. I keep meaning to finish it now that I know it's over. I'll come back to this thread when I do :yes:

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Me too.

It was one of the best series I´ve ever read.

Not only those, beu also seeing Scar giving up his resentment towards the State Military in order to help restoring Ishval. Also, seeing Mustang accepting General Grumman as Fuhrer, despite having the possibility of recovering his sight with Marcoh´s aid.

And I think that, all the main character endings were an example of the Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. There is where the symbolism of the final chapter lays.