User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    Senior Member seamaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I want a giant Mao-style poster for my cult of personality. I would pay $1000 and a creepy back rub.
    PM me and I'll take you up on that offer*. No back rubs please.




    *Kidding!

  2. #12
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Can you paint? Show me some.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  3. #13
    Senior Member seamaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Sure. You can PM me a "throwaway" email address (to be safe) and I'll email you a link to the painting I did recently. Feedback encouraged!

  4. #14
    Travelling mind Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    In honesty, I wouldn't buy one. Portraits, in a way, are creepy.

  5. #15
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    In honesty, I wouldn't buy one. Portraits, in a way, are creepy.
    That's what makes them beautiful. Also, sometimes you can capture someone's essence better with a portrait than with a photograph.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  6. #16
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,732

    Default

    I'm terrified of having pictures of people (me included) hanging on my walls... I always feel like I'm being watched
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett

  7. #17
    Travelling mind Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    That's what makes them beautiful. Also, sometimes you can capture someone's essence better with a portrait than with a photograph.
    Finding beauty in these certain types of creepiness is not one of my traits unfortunately. Yes, a better essence. However the essence may lie to you and alter the more truthful perception.

  8. #18
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    I would pay as much as $150 for that size painted probably.

    Last year I had a 16x20 drawn in pencil of my wife and baby for Christmas. It was $75 and I think she gave me some kind of discount.

  9. #19
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Finding beauty in these certain types of creepiness is not one of my traits unfortunately. Yes, a better essence. However the essence may lie to you and alter the more truthful perception.
    The world is a chamber of horrors, my friend. We may as well find the beauty in that. There is a beauty in the liquid groans of the ever-emerging, ever-dying life that infests this planet like a vast seething pestilence. There is a beauty in the drumbeat of violence of birth and death that we dance to.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  10. #20
    Travelling mind Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    The world is a chamber of horrors, my friend. We may as well find the beauty in that. There is a beauty in the liquid groans of the ever-emerging, ever-dying life that infests this planet like a vast seething pestilence. There is a beauty in the drumbeat of violence of birth and death that we dance to.
    You may say that, however, beauty can only be but a perception. And thus, beauty cannot be indicated except within the perception of the individual. What you have given me as beauty is, in the end, a personal view.

Similar Threads

  1. How much do you pay for internet connection?
    By Rail Tracer in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 10:59 AM
  2. How much do you drink?
    By MetalWounds in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 12:59 AM
  3. [NT] how could/would you cheer up an INTP?
    By white in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO