• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much would YOU pay for a well-painted portrait?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
You may say that, however, beauty can only be but a perception. And thus, beauty cannot be indicated except within the perception of the individual. What you have given me as beauty is, in the end, a personal view.

The appreciation of beauty may be subjective, but the beauty itself is not.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some things are irreducible and do not lend themselves to analysis. But, I do believe beauty exists independent of the person experiencing it.
What you believe contradicts my own beliefs in which everything experienced is dependant on the perception of the person experiencing it. It's debatable.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
What you believe contradicts my own beliefs in which everything experienced is dependant on the perception of the person experiencing it. It's debatable.

It's the old "tree falling in the forest" debate. Does what we perceive exist independent of our perception? Or, in this case, is there some fundamental aspect of beauty that exists beyond subjective judgment?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's the old "tree falling in the forest" debate. Does what we perceive exist independent of our perception? Or, in this case, is there some fundamental aspect of beauty that exists beyond subjective judgment?
It may not be possible to ever really know.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think we know anything. That works for me. I suspect. I wonder. But, knowledge? That's like digging for gold, finding a few coins and stopping before you dig deeper and hit the mother-lode.