• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Firefly

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'll likely be drawn and quartered for saying this, but I could never get into the Trek series (any of them).
Nothing wrong with that preference. For one, it's an acquired taste -- perhaps congenitally? -- and if you talk to someone like me, you will be told that only two of the five series are enjoyable to watch.

But Wash? I mean, come on. Of all the characters to lose, why him?
It doesn't make a lot of sense. As large as its cast was, Firefly was rhythmic and balanced on screen. Who else would interrupt to ask "Can we have a vote on the whole 'killing people' thing"? No one but Wash.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Hence my suggestion that the movies be excised. Neither of the deaths made any difference in the narrative, needless and occurring with bizarre indifference as they were. Serenity wasn't a snuff film. Bring Wash and Book back; and get rid of the insipid, metachlorian-like explanation for Reavers at the same time.

Totally agree. I can understand possible reasons for killing off Wash, but I'd much rather have seen Zoe killed off, personally. She was always far and away the most boring of the characters.

And yeah, the explanation for Reavers was pretty insipid. Pin it all on the alliance. I liked the idea that they all saw the nothingness on the edge of the galaxy and went mad. I liked the idea that they had nothing to do with the alliance. They reminded me a bit of a grimmer version of the Ousters from Hyperion.

missellis75

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Can anyone help me type the characters from Firefly??

Mal...ISTj

Zoe...ESFj ??? mer?

Inara...ENFj

bah... I have no clue about the others (Wash, Kaylee, Simon, River, and Book...)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Can anyone help me type the characters from Firefly??

Mal...ISTj

Zoe...ESFj ??? mer?

Inara...ENFj

bah... I have no clue about the others (Wash, Kaylee, Simon, River, and Book...)

hm i def. disagree on mal and zoe.
heres what i think:
mal-INTP
Zoe-ISTJ
Inara-ENFJ (agreed)
wash-ESFJ
Kaylee-ISFP (maybe ESFP)
Simon-INTJ
Jayne-ESTP

i'm not sure about shepherd book or River.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
<3 Firefly. But I love all Whedon shows (Buffy seasons 5-7 don't exist).

Mal: No way is Mal a J- definitely seems like an ISTP to me- but he might be a disappointed F? His past fogs this up a bit.
Wash: E.... hmm, now that I think about it, I can see ESFJ...

(Agreed with scantilyclad)
Zoe: ISTJ
Inara: ENFJ
Kaylee: xSFP
Simon: INTJ
Jayne: ESTP

Book: iNfJ- a repentant/religious INTJ? Not really sure on this one
River: (crazy, ass-kicking psychic)

In some ways, Serenity was a cop out. The whole Paxil planet thing seemed too simplistic for the subtle universe in Firefly, but I enjoyed the ride. (But Wash didn't have to die.)

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
I vote for an ENFP in there somewhere... hehehe can't imagine why...

missellis75

MBTI Type
ENFJ
scantilyclad, I disagree, mal and Inara have such a sweet relationship, they have to be dual types. Plus I don't see the kind of passiveness that is characteristic in INTp, he makes his opinion heard and with vigor. Whatsmore his stance and costume are so ISTj (ie, military uniform and constaint vigulance). However I think Simon might be an INTj.

zoe is defo. an SJ (sir, yes sir), but perhaps she is an ISFj???

wash is the epitome of ENTj.

Refined List...
Mal: ISTj
Inara: ENFj
Kaylee: ESFj
Simon: INTj
Jayne: ISTp
Zoe: ISFj
Wash: ENTj
Book: not sure, maybe INFj
River: mental instability makes this hard, but her relationship with her brother makes me think ESFj

and colors is so right, wash really didn't have to die... right en media rez de his leaf on the wind cuteness too!

missellis75

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Uberfuhrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colors View Post
River: (crazy, ass-kicking psychic)
Hmm...that would suggest N dominance.

And I can't think of Inara being anything but an ISFP, quite honestly.

hmm, I think S is more her kind of psychic. She doesn't see things in the supernatural way, there are even quotes where they discribe her as being able to sense everything around her. this to me suggests S dominance.

Concerning Inara, she always seemed to be unusually focused. Not on something right in front of her but on some distant goal. Also she is extreemly intuitive about people--importaint for her work--she can usually size a man up just from a short interview. That makes me think Nj, and F seems obvious. The I/E debate was waged in my head but I went with E; Inara has a funny kind of playfullness with others and isn't uncomforable, even in crouds.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i can agree with mal being an ISTP but zoe is so not an ISFJ.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think she's an ISTJ. she is very loyal, faithful and dependable. She is also very rational and logical. she just doesn't fit the part of being a feeler at all.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Firefly is on right now on the Sci Fi channel.:D :D