• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Songs To Play Ad Infinitum

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tell me about the music you play into the ground! I'm talking about a song that, if you were trapped in an elevator ( albeit a very cool elevator if it's playing tunes you love ), you wouldn't mind listening to repeatedly.

Lately, I've been playing " Pyramid" - Love of Diagrams a LOT, and "Black Betty" - Spiderbait. ( I just realised they were both Australian bands - hmmmm.) Anyway, let's here what you crank up until everyone around you wants to run from the room. :D

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
"Tetsujin" on the matrix revolutions soundtrack

"Mona Lisa Overdrive" on the matrix reloaded soundtrack.

(Both of these are music for action scenes, so they might not work well on an elevator, but can be listened to over and over just fine.)

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Tetsujin" on the matrix revolutions soundtrack

"Mona Lisa Overdrive" on the matrix reloaded soundtrack.

(Both of these are music for action scenes, so they might not work well on an elevator, but can be listened to over and over just fine.)

I guess it depends on what sort of mayhem you get into whilst trapped in an elevator, eh? :D

sassafrassquatch

Trip Hop is good for endless repetitions.

I could listen to Evolva by Sort of Expression and The Garden by Silk Demise for quite a while before losing it.

MBTI Type
ENTP
As long as someone else is stuck with me in the elevator......something outdated yet embarrassingly catchy that I could dance stupidly to in order to annoy them. This would do.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could forever-play "Bring on the Dancing Horses" by Echo and the Bunnymen or most anything David Bowie.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Right now I'm crushing on "How" by Badly Drawn Boy and on "Holland" by Sufjan Stevens.

Also, I recently rediscovered an old gem while importing CDs to iTunes - Heart's "Little Queen" and "The Best of the Stylistics."

What can I say? I have eclectic tastes. However, if you listen closely you can sense a thread of *pretty melodies with meaningful lyrics* running throughout.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I recently discovered an old favorite. I Just Called to Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder. I wouldn't want to hear it ad infinitum, though.

I'd say IIO's Rapture is catchy enough to be played for a while. There really is no song I'd like to hear forever, as I'm sure is the case with most people. But Jessie's Girl is catchy. Very catchy. Oh! I really, really love Down On The Corner by Creedence Clearwater Revival. That song is so good. Short but good.

I'm always in the mood for good eighties songs. I burned all my favorite people a Christmas present CD with mostly great 80's songs.

Oh, and I can't forget Stand By Me by Ben E King! I could listen to that song for a long time.

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite
Massive Attack - Dissolved Girl
DJ Shadow - Midnight in a Perfect World
The The - Kingdom of Rain
Haggard - Herr Mannelig
Perfume OST - Meeting Laura
Chicane - Saltwater (Original)
Dead Can Dance - The Spider's Stratagem
Afterlife - Blue Bar

And more that reside within the more swampy parts of the mind at this time.

Last edited:

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have to ad the Run DMC song "Rock Box" to my list - I think I played it so much I'll be chased from the house by angry villagers any moment.

Great lists, everyone - there were so many good songs, I couldn't comment on just one!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've probably listed these before, but these would be my choices.

1. Styx - Brave New World

2. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (are made of this)

3. Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

4. Survivor - Burning Heart

5. Genesis - Land of Confusion

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
2. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (are made of this)

3. Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Nice ones. I also like Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.

Won't you come see about me. I'll be alone, dancing you know it, baby. Tell me your troubles and doubts, given everything inside and out...

Not a bad one either: I Saw The Sign by Ace of Base.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
A couple more: "I Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon, "Ragdoll" by Aerosmith, "867-5309" by Tommy Tutone, "Maneater" by Hall and Oats, "Another Night Another Dream" by La Bouche, "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall and Oats, "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel and "All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah Carey.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"867-5309" by Tommy Tutone

:headphne: How many times have I had that song yelled at me from across the room.... :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
"867-5309" by Tommy Tutone

:headphne: How many times have I had that song yelled at me from across the room.... :D

Oh my goodness, that song would drive me BATTY after a little bit.

Can you imagine being stuck in a tiny box with numbers repeating endlessly to a catchy tune???

I often put music into repeat. Right now I'm stuck on Sarah Blasko "Perfect Now" and Milosh "You Make Me Feel". Groovy downtempo-ish tunes are very easy to listen to repeat ad infinitum.

And I have returned often to Jeff Buckley and Kate Bush. I bought their CDs "Grace" and "The Hounds of Love" at least 2x each respectively when I kept losing them and CDs were the only currency for music.

I used to wish I could've seen both in concert when they were still touring (or alive)

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have to ad the Run DMC song "Rock Box" to my list - I think I played it so much I'll be chased from the house by angry villagers any moment.

Great lists, everyone - there were so many good songs, I couldn't comment on just one!

When you connect your iPod to iTunes, you have to name you iPod...I named mine "Rock Box" :)

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When you connect your iPod to iTunes, you have to name you iPod...I named mine "Rock Box" :)

:D An excellent choice, good sir! And how does "Rock Box" feel about his new name?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
yesterday, i repeat-played the 'alvin and the chipmunks' version of 'bad day' until my ears bled.