• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Songs To Play Ad Infinitum

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i also danced.

I think it's time for an intervention on you, pretty lady! :D

Although, I probably need one too. Every time I see that commercial with the Burger King shaking his legs around like a deranged cowboy, I start doing it too. Sad, sad me.

Well, I had him on shuffle and the first song he played was "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green. So I think it's all good. :headphne:

I like his taste! :) Funny, I was making a cd yesterday evening, and I was deliberating over that very same song! ( I overruled Al for Eddie Floyd. )

Spartan

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Snow-Red Hot Chili Peppers
One-Metallica (song really does go on forever)
Prayer of the Refugee-Rise Against
Times Like These-Foo Fighters
What I've Done-Linkin Park

heart

heart on fire
The last song I listened to in a loop was "It is all mixed up" by The Cars. I did it for two hours and got into like a natural trance. A very unique experience.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Children of Bodom: This is, I think from a guitar exercises video.

More Children of Bodom

Even if you don't like black metal, give these two a shot.

This is ordinarily one of those bands where while listening you roll your eyes saying "we get it, you can play fast..." but these two selections are actually pretty enjoyable, if you like black metal.

I've listened to both of these nearly a dozen times each in the past few days.

I like Opeth a lot too. And Rush. I'm not an oldie, but I listen to them probably more than anything else. Peart's a fucking monster. Lifeson and Lee don't trail far behind him actually.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Tell me about the music you play into the ground! I'm talking about a song that, if you were trapped in an elevator ( albeit a very cool elevator if it's playing tunes you love ), you wouldn't mind listening to repeatedly.

Just heard a song on the radio that I haven't heard in years, but love - Devil Goes Down to Georgia, by the Charlie Daniels Band. Probably my first ever "favorite song" when I was 7 or 8, something like that.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Children of Bodom: This is, I think from a guitar exercises video.

More Children of Bodom

Even if you don't like black metal, give these two a shot.

This is ordinarily one of those bands where while listening you roll your eyes saying "we get it, you can play fast..." but these two selections are actually pretty enjoyable, if you like black metal.

I've listened to both of these nearly a dozen times each in the past few days.

I like Opeth a lot too. And Rush. I'm not an oldie, but I listen to them probably more than anything else. Peart's a fucking monster. Lifeson and Lee don't trail far behind him actually.

CoB exhibits more of a death metal style rather than a black metal one.

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
"Night Shift" - Siouxsie and the Banshees
"Locked in a Room" - The Ids
"Red Weather" - Duke Spirit
"Deep Red Bells" - Neko Case
"Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division

There are probably others, but those are the ones that come to mind right now.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
CoB exhibits more of a death metal style rather than a black metal one.

Cannibal Corpse is death metal. CoB is without a doubt, black metal. Classical + Power-metal = Black metal. They've got a little southern rock influence, but that's about as close to death as they gets.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Tell me about the music you play into the ground! I'm talking about a song that, if you were trapped in an elevator ( albeit a very cool elevator if it's playing tunes you love ), you wouldn't mind listening to repeatedly.

Alice In Chains-Rotten Apple, and to a lesser extent Alice In Chains-Nutshell. (Ignore the first 15 seconds of the second video.)

I love fast/heavy music, but I can't listen to it forever, these two songs I often have looping continually in the background, they tend to be perfect for me normally. They both have a sort of distant, haunting melody to them, never have found anything else that really sounds like it.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Nutshell is awesome. Lately, I've fallen in love with this song. I listened to it ~10 times in a row while driving over the weekend.

[YOUTUBE="k_fCPpELBos"]Length of Love-Interpol[/YOUTUBE]

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
"A Town Called Malice" - The Jam

"Heaven or Las Vegas" = Cocteau Twins

"Sweet Talk" - Spank Rock

"The Tracks of My Tears" - Smokey and the Miracles

"Black Metallic" - Catherine Wheel

And like 5,000 more.