• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stanley Cup Finals!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK, so the Flyers (my team) are on an improbable run to the Cup, and they are facing a very young, very talented, hard-to-dislike Blackhawks team. Any predictions? Trash talk? Bizarre comments? I want to hear it all.

Usehername

On a mission
OK, so the Flyers (my team) are on an improbable run to the Cup, and they are facing a very young, very talented, hard-to-dislike Blackhawks team. Any predictions? Trash talk? Bizarre comments? I want to hear it all.

Prediction: Flyers win the first game but Chicago wins the series in 6.
Duncan Keith will shine for Blackhawks D, Toews will finish up with either a 3rd period or OT goal in the last game. Youthful enthusiasm and less-beaten bodies will mean end stage NHL hockey is ruled by the Blackhawks.

Little_Sticks

Hockey is a strange sport. You could have a team of all-stars, but if the players can't play well together and accent each other's strengths, the team will not have much variability and will lose badly to the first team of mediocre (well they aren't mediocre if they are in the NHL, but mediocre on the average the NHL) players that can play really well together.

That said, the Blackhawks are going to win, sorry :smile::cry:.

E

Epiphany

I predict that Patrick Kane will turn to the dark side, but ultimately bring balance to the Force. :vader1: Seriously, doesn't he look like Anakin Skywalker?

espnmag.jpg

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have been a Flyers fan so long that one of my earliest memories is the 1975 Stanley Cup :) With that said, I must be honest and predict the Hawks in 6.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, and I think hockey is the hardest sport in which to predict the outcome of a playoff series. So may I prove to be stupid!

[youtube=sRMtXUgVp0c]Good Luck Charm[/youtube]

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be really great for the Blackhawks to win. I'm not a hockey fan but there aren't many winning teams from Chicago (well, the Bulls with two three-peats in the 90s I guess, and the 1986 Bears would be the only exceptions).

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
It would be really great for the Blackhawks to win. I'm not a hockey fan but there aren't many winning teams from Chicago (well, the Bulls with two three-peats in the 90s I guess, and the 1986 Bears would be the only exceptions).

Both of those teams have won a championship more recently than the Sixers (1983) or the Eagles (1960). The Phillies won the World Series two years ago, but the White Sox won in 2005.

E

Epiphany

The last time the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup was in 1961. The Flyers won it in 1975. I live in the midwest, so I'm definitely rooting for Chicago, but I won't be too disappointed if Philadelphia wins either. They are both great teams this year.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The last time the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup was in 1961. The Flyers won it in 1975. I live in the midwest, so I'm definitely rooting for Chicago, but I won't be too disappointed if Philadelphia wins either. They are both great teams this year.

I agree. This is a great matchup but I have to give the edge to Chicago.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Before the season started ..looking at the teams on paper and going by the previous season. Philly was my pre season pick
That being said .. after 82 games and 3 rounds .. I am taking Chicago

E

Epiphany

Game 1 was pretty intense tonight. Let us recap, shall we?

[YOUTUBE="IiJGRG1kUJs"]Game 1[/YOUTUBE]

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
So, it's 2-1 Chicago now. The Flyers need to tie it up at home, or this series will be a short one. In other news, Claude Giroux is sick and Chris Pronger is maybe the best playoff defenseman that I can ever remember seeing.

E

Epiphany

I was disappointed about last night's game, but the Flyers deserved to win. They played better than Chicago.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Let's go Lavi! I'd cheer for him if he were coaching a PeeWee league team.

Just Some Guy

MBTI Type
ENTJ
So, it's 2-1 Chicago now. The Flyers need to tie it up at home, or this series will be a short one. In other news, Claude Giroux is sick and Chris Pronger is maybe the best playoff defenseman that I can ever remember seeing.

Chicago's goaltender is a fuckin monster though. He did an incredible job of shutting out the Flyers in the 3rd period of Game 2.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Chicago's goaltender is a fuckin monster though. He did an incredible job of shutting out the Flyers in the 3rd period of Game 2.

That's true, but he also let up five goals in Game 1. I don't think either team's goaltending is something they can take for granted.

steve-o

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OK, I just joined and haven't even posted in the newbie thread yet- but I have to say LET"S GO FLYERS!
OK, nice to meet you all.