• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did you like the TV series LOST?

Did you enjoy the TV series LOST?

• Yes - I have Fi as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Yes - I have Fe as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No - I have Fi as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • No - I have Fe as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Never watched it therefore no opinion :)

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
If you want to expand on your answer, that's great. I have a budding theory on this to explain why it's either loved or hated.

(Regardless of how it ended.)

Or share your theory here on why it became such a phenomenon.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I really fucking find the whole series completely disgusting after watching the finale. It's the first time in my life I truly regret the time I have spent doing something.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I'm interested too to know what types really LOVED it, and conversely DETESTED it - or if like me you loved it at first then fell out of it.

So - do expand your thoughts, I think my offended Fi was an issue at play here :)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I really fucking find the whole series completely disgusting after watching the finale. It's the first time in my life I truly regret the time I have spent doing something.

I don't know about disgusting, exactly, but I did think it was pretty pisspoor from the little I saw of it. It was like the unholy bastard offspring of Lord of the Flies and some eye-wateringly inane soap opera devised by a corporate consortium and aimed at hitting as many demographic ratings targets among the middle classes as possible to maximise profit. Psychology? Absent. Practicalities? Irrelevant. Relationships? Mindlessly superficial. Cliches? Abounding. Suspension of disbelief required to watch the damn thing without hurling something at the Tv? Off the scale.

Not that I paid it much attention for all that. I half saw it a few times on others' tv's, and when my eyes started to glaze over I simply found something more interesting to do than watch it. It wasn't hard to think of a more interesting thing ;)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Gahhh I made a mistake in the poll! #4 option is supposed to say No / Fe ... I shall find a mod to fix it ... I am just a fumble fingers today.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think that its less of a Fe/Fi thing and more of a P/J aspect which effects the type's overall predisposition to acquire the taste for Lost.

At certain times the show pissed me off too but in general I liked it. Not a great work of art. Yet it seems like the writers and directors had fun putting it together and that feeling transmuted to the actors and its fans.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Gahhh I made a mistake in the poll! #4 option is supposed to say No / Fe ... I shall find a mod to fix it ... I am just a fumble fingers today.

:laugh: I was wondering why there didn't exactly seem to be a full range of possibilities covered!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I think that its less of a Fe/Fi thing and more of a P/J aspect which effects the type's overall predisposition to acquire the taste for Lost.

At certain times the show pissed me off too but in general I liked it. Not a great work of art. Yet it seems like the writers and directors had fun putting it together and that feeling transmuted to the actors and its fans.

I'm testing it out to see ...

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

Would you be able to elaborate on this?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
P should love it in theory ... all the possibilites, no?

I don't think that's the core of it though.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I don't really go for the whole functional model, but as an INTP I answered that I enjoyed it as an Fe user (I believe that's the prevailing functional choice, anyway).

I wasn't completely crazy about it (I wouldn't put it in my "all time favorite shows list") -- I originally started watching it at the beginning of the first season when I thought it was legitimately about people who were stranded on an island and needed to work together to survive the elements (sort of like a group version of Cast Away). So I was a little nonplussed when the polar bear came chugging out of the jungle :rolleyes:.

So I didn't watch it religiously or anything, but if I was around and not doing something else I'd turn it on and keep track of it, more or less. Which means that I probably watched 80-90% of the episodes, especially in the last season or two when I had easy DVR'ing available.

Why did I enjoy it? I think that in general it had intriguing (if not altogether coherent) storylines, a fair number of characters that I really liked (Hurley, Sun, Jin, Juliet, Sawyer, Vincent (of course!) and even Jack and Kate... sometimes), some great acting (Michael Emerson as Ben and Terry O'Quinn as Locke, particularly) and a certain endearing craziness. And some pretty great Hawaiian scenery.

In the end, I tend to like long, involved, complex stories that I can put myself into a sort of "if I was there, what I'd do / adventurer" mode. Lost, while weird and practically unfathomable at times, fit that bill pretty well.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I started out with so much potential.. I watched about the first 20 or episodes religiously (rare for me)

Then it just got really annoying and I haven't seen it in about 3 years.
I can't stand Matthew Fox.. or at least His character in that show..
Maybe if dies .. I would check out the final episode.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I loved it and if I get the chance I'm going to get watch all of it again marathon style to see if it makes more sense that way. I love character driven stories, though, and even if it doesn't make sense, I'll always love Juliet and Sayid and Hurley.

My INTP husband, OTOH, hated the show. The music alone was enough to drive him batty, so a lot of times I watched episodes on my computer with my headphones on so as not to disturb him.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah I also liked the characters Ben and Lock. Sawyer and Miles were fun to watch too Prediction: the team will have a cop show spinoff which will last two seasons.

Wasn't thrilled with the female cast although Kate wasn't bad most of the time.

F

FigerPuppet

I really enjoyed the first.. 3 seasons? But after the 3rd. it all when down the crapper.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
never really watched it... my ISTJ never missed an episode :laugh:

I saw the whole end of it (meaning the whole recap and then the show)... well, it was on when I was in the room... and something about it reminded me of the end of The Chronicals of Narnia in a way :thinking: I'm not much for watching something that complex though, so I never felt tempted to watch it :)

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I watched the first three Seasons and came back for the finale =)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
The first season was boring. It started to get interesting in the second season. After the Oceanic 6 left the island (the fourth season?), I felt like the show had a drop off, but at that point I was invested in it enough that I stuck with it.