• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did you like the TV series LOST?

Did you enjoy the TV series LOST?

• Yes - I have Fi as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Yes - I have Fe as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No - I have Fi as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • No - I have Fe as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Never watched it therefore no opinion :)

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Frank: You should meatloaf because it's realllllly good!
Jill: Uggh, I think meatloaf sucks.
Frank: But I like it! What's your problem?
Jill: You're just an idiot for liking meatloaf.
Frank: It tastes good!
Jill: It tastes like bull turds!
Frank: Hater!
Jill: Fanboy!
Frank: *shoves meatloaf in Jill's hair*
Jill: *hits Frank over head with Lost Season 5 DVD pack*

This sounds like some sort of pre-teen courting ritual, does it not?

But really, yeah. Lost is (was :() sort of "out there" as far as TV goes, so more people will tend to either like or dislike it than your average pulp show. I'm sure we all like something that someone else thinks is stupid.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It's always easier to dismiss someone's opinion if you can lead yourself to believe they were biased in some way ahead of time... as if I was biased to like Lost before it even aired.

Nice logic there, girl.

Go back to the part where I said, "Apparently it worked for me, and apparently it did not work for others... and that's fine."
Reread it a few times and chew on it.
That's why conversations like this irritate me: Arguing over preference is ridiculous.

Frank: You should meatloaf because it's realllllly good!
Jill: Uggh, I think meatloaf sucks.
Frank: But I like it! What's your problem?
Jill: You're just an idiot for liking meatloaf.
Frank: It tastes good!
Jill: It tastes like bull turds!
Frank: Hater!
Jill: Fanboy!
Frank: *shoves meatloaf in Jill's hair*
Jill: *hits Frank over head with Lost Season 5 DVD pack*

Meh.

Hey, I placed a smile at the end of the sentence...I wasn't being serious ;)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, is it worth getting all the seasons out on DVD? I watched the first season religously and part of the second series...but due to work comittments, and an unreliable flat mate who never frackin' taped it for me, I lost the plot so to speak.
Always seemed like one of those shows, that it helps to watch back to back if you can.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can determine that by watching 5 episodes of a 6 season show? Not bad.
So you go out of your way to watch all the shows that you don't enjoy after a few episodes? Your dedication is impressive.

I did see a lot of bits and pieces of it over the years, as my bf watched it religiously, but I don't count that as "watching" since I was usually doing something else in the room.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, is it worth getting all the seasons out on DVD? I watched the first season religously and part of the second series...but due to work comittments, and an unreliable flat mate who never frackin' taped it for me, I lost the plot so to speak.
Always seemed like one of those shows, that it helps to watch back to back if you can.

If you have good streaming, i think that abc.com has lots of episodes on site for free. DVDS are convenient but expensive unless you think its worth the financial investment..

.i mean, do you plan to watch the episodes enuf to warrant the cost?

check out eBay for cheaper pricing.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enough to know I didn't want to step in it and spend ages cleaning it off again; it has to be one of those snap decisions reallly :D

It's too late for that, you're in this thread!

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If you have good streaming, i think that abc.com has lots of episodes on site for free. DVDS are convenient but expensive unless you think its worth the financial investment..

.i mean, do you plan to watch the episodes enuf to warrant the cost?

check out eBay for cheaper pricing.

Netflix has season 1-5 available for unlimited streaming for its members as of the now.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm interested too to know what types really LOVED it, and conversely DETESTED it - or if like me you loved it at first then fell out of it.

So - do expand your thoughts, I think my offended Fi was an issue at play here :)

I loved the show for the first couple of seasons and have to admit the past few seasons were not as good but I watched them anyway. I really enjoyed the last episode.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you go out of your way to watch all the shows that you don't enjoy after a few episodes? Your dedication is impressive.

I did see a lot of bits and pieces of it over the years, as my bf watched it religiously, but I don't count that as "watching" since I was usually doing something else in the room.

I was addressing the fact that you called it "just as mindless and superficially entertaining as most of what's on tv, but it pretends to be more." Whether you liked it or not has nothing to do with it.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I didn't get into it until the 4th season was showing, and then I sat the first 3 seasons as a marathon so it was easy to get swept away.

I did enjoy it up to a point, but the last season was pointless as was the crap season finale they gave us.