• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did you like the TV series LOST?

Did you enjoy the TV series LOST?

• Yes - I have Fi as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Yes - I have Fe as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No - I have Fi as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • No - I have Fe as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Never watched it therefore no opinion :)

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, now I agree. I kept on watching because I thought in the end they would explain certain misteries that made parts of the story fascinating (perhaps I had a too-good experience with Star Trek, where storyline coherence is considered of utmost importance), yesterday I understood the writers were just pulling shit out of their asses to keep the largest set of potential audience interested.

A mystery explained is no longer fascinating. In essence, the show goes on even though it's ended. God, you Js must hate it!

My bullshit tolerance is extremely low, unless it's imaginatively and interestingly worked into proceedings, perhaps displaying some wit and ingenuity in the process. At this point, of course, it ceases to be random bullshit and becomes genuine creativity. :)

So you don't even wait to see if there's an explanation? You just bail right then and there?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
A mystery explained is no longer fascinating. In essence, the show goes on even though it's ended. God, you Js must hate it!
I'm fine with how the show ended. I would like to see what kind of system Hurley creates. I would hope he would create a better system than Jacob, who was really bad at his job.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Doesn't have anything to do with J-P - just to name one, Kendoiwan hated it too and he's P, Lateralus seems to like it and he's J. I personally think the authors were not skilled enough to write a coherent ending, that's why I am so critical.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I saw it, and enjoyed it - because I rooted for Ben Linus. Fi is my tertiary or inferior.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hmmm I didn't really account for the anti-hero / root for the under-dog / root for the least likeable form of Fi vote ...

Thanks HS for your contribution here!

---

The only deduction so far in the voting is that Fi is closer to a 50 / 50 split. Not enough votes to really show a definitive pattern.

But, I have noted that the most vocal detractors are Fi doms ...

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Doesn't have anything to do with J-P - just to name one, Kendoiwan hated it too and he's P, Lateralus seems to like it and he's J. I personally think the authors were not skilled enough to write a coherent ending, that's why I am so critical.
And for me, a coherent ending was not the top priority. Entertainment was, and I was entertained.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Didn't see the last season yet (it starts here later), but I like watching it. Of course I hope, although not expect, that things will get more clear at end, but I am ok with that weird storyline.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This poll should have been split into people who have a tert or inferior Feeling function and people who have a dom or aux one.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But, I have noted that the most vocal detractors are Fi doms ...
I'll add that my bf was an avid watcher and loved the show, and he's an Fi dom and strong S too, for what it's worth, which is not much. (isfp)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
This poll should have been split into people who have a tert or inferior Feeling function and people who have a dom or aux one.

Yes, I could have been very elaborate on the poll ... opted for simplicity to see if there was a general higher level trend.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far it seems that xxFJs and xxTPs like Lost better than xxFPs and xxTJs.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Yeah, now I agree. I kept on watching because I thought in the end they would explain certain misteries that made parts of the story fascinating (perhaps I had a too-good experience with Star Trek, where storyline coherence is considered of utmost importance), yesterday I understood the writers were just pulling shit out of their asses to keep the largest set of potential audience interested.

Word. Well, that was my impression as soon as I set eyes on the thing. I asked myself why something so manipulative and incoherent could possibly be popular, then the words "Target demographics" sprang to mind.

So you don't even wait to see if there's an explanation? You just bail right then and there?
Well, I'll put it this way: if it looks like a turd, and smells like a turd, do you trust what previous experience has told you of the nature of turds and your ability to recognise them, and steer well clear, or do you stick your finger in, just to make sure? :)

So far it seems that xxFJs and xxTPs like Lost better than xxFPs and xxTJs.
Interesting, it seems to support Peacebaby's theory at any rate. :yes:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I watched maybe 5 episodes total, mostly in the first and last seasons, plus the finale and "recap" show before it, since others were watching it.

I voted no, since I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, and objectively don't think it was a great show, just as mindless and superficially entertaining as most of what's on tv, but it pretends to be more.

You can determine that by watching 5 episodes of a 6 season show? Not bad.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'll put it this way: if it looks like a turd, and smells like a turd, do you trust what previous experience has told you of the nature of turds and your ability to recognise them, and steer well clear, or do you stick your finger in, just to make sure? :)

How much of it did you watch again?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I loved it, am sad it is over, and will probably watch the whole series again.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
i caught up on seasons 1-5 on hulu/dvd a month before season 6 started. thats a whole fucking lot of Lost. only around season 3 was i feeling burnt out.

honestly the first few seasons were my least favorite. john locke's character was the draw for me. i didn't care much for the relationships between jack, kate and sawyer. there wasn't enough movement in the plot. things just kind of meandered and dragged along too much. michael's character was PAINFUL to watch. its not until the 4th season that the story really picked up for me.

season 4 and especially 5 were fucking awesome. in season 4, i was a big fan of daniel faraday and miles and that hot british ginger and the story that was brought along with them, with mercenaries and what i construed as real danger (the smoke monster was just kinda silly till it was fleshed out in season 6). also, it was great seeing jack turned into a pathetic piece of shit after he escaped. the whole charles widmore subplot was great and moving the island was bad ass and desmond's story proved to be one of the more interesting to me. when he found his constant, he became my favorite character next to locke. oh and it broke my fucking heart when i found out locke dies.

most people i hear from hated season 5 and quit watching as soon as time travel was introduced. season 5 was when i decided i am in love with the show. the whole traveling back to 1975 and living with the dharma initiative (who turned out to be just a bunch of hippies) was great. maybe i am just a sucker for time travel plot devices. and my LEAST favorite character next to kate, who is jack, finally redeemed himself in my eyes when he strapped the hydrogen bomb to his back and marched off towards the swan station in the season finale.

i feel like i am still digesting season 6. it was very intense and plot-oriented but was amazing on its own. the more i think about the finale the more i like it. anyways, i would probably watch the series all over again and put it up there with other shows i loved like carnivale, six feet under and dexter. good times.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a better explanation: you're a fanboy! :cheese:

It's always easier to dismiss someone's opinion if you can lead yourself to believe they were biased in some way ahead of time... as if I was biased to like Lost before it even aired.

Nice logic there, girl.

Go back to the part where I said, "Apparently it worked for me, and apparently it did not work for others... and that's fine."
Reread it a few times and chew on it.
That's why conversations like this irritate me: Arguing over preference is ridiculous.

Frank: You should meatloaf because it's realllllly good!
Jill: Uggh, I think meatloaf sucks.
Frank: But I like it! What's your problem?
Jill: You're just an idiot for liking meatloaf.
Frank: It tastes good!
Jill: It tastes like bull turds!
Frank: Hater!
Jill: Fanboy!
Frank: *shoves meatloaf in Jill's hair*
Jill: *hits Frank over head with Lost Season 5 DVD pack*

Meh.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
I started watching lost, but was always busy with research or something and after I missed a few episodes I really was lost on the plot. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to catch back up with it so I stopped watching it. From what I watched at the beginning though I liked it a lot.