• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Forthe first time in this world cup I felt some pre-game excitement for an England game and...wow. Fucking pathetic.

Lampard's goal should have been allowed but if it hadn't been for James it would have been 4 to Germany by half-time anyway.

Roy Hodgeson next England manager?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
The best team in the history of the world cup has been eliminated! What non-sense is this!? Surely the problem can be fixed, we've got to raise hell in the media and write 234905890404845889054545358905890589589058905890589049490590590890 articles per day in an effort to find someone to blame. The English have to sack their coach, then another one, then another one, then another and another one which will surely lead the team to the reward it richly deserve in the EURO championship. Oh and lets remember, although we will be looking for any opportunity to blame any member of the team or the coaching staff, the team is not at fault for losing, the referee is. After all, if the second goal was to count, isn't it absolutely certain that England would have won the game?

You know the English press pretty well, I'll give you that.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Still let's remember that the only technical player in the German national team is actually Turkish (Ozil)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Still let's remember that the only technical player in the German national team is actually Turkish (Ozil)

Thats complete bullshit, the whole team played good tactical and technical together today. First time they showed their potential. I just had a turkish family driving past me in a mercedes with waving german flags. Thats a sign of progress and for the future. Maybe if the italians werent so anxious to keep their borders closed, they would have made it past the qualification phase aswell

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Do you mean that he's a citizen of Germany of Turkish descent or he's actually a citizen of Turkey?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Thats complete bullshit, the whole team played good tactical and technical together today. First time they showed their potential. I just had a turkish family driving past me in a mercedes with waving german flags. Thats a sign of progress and for the future. Maybe if the italians werent so anxious to keep their borders closed, they would have made it past the qualification phase aswell

That's the reaction I was hoping for :D lolololo :hug:

by the way, fuck off @ last line(insults are always necessary in a thread about football)

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
by the way, fuck off @ last line(insults are always necessary in a thread about football)

Yes, does Italian nationalism concern you as an Italian citizen, do you think it had anything to do with the fact that over the last 16 years, Italians maintained a squad of players over 90% of which played in Italy and not one of them was black.

Just look at this.

2010 Squad: 2010 FIFA World Cup squads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All play in Italy, no black members.

2006 squad:

2006 FIFA World Cup squads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, same thing.

2002 squad: 2002 FIFA World Cup squads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One player was a member of a foreign team, Francesco Coco. Any black players there that I don't know of?

1998: 1998 FIFA World Cup squads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just two players abroad.

1994: 1998 FIFA World Cup squads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All members of Italian teams.

Does entropie have a point regarding the claim that if Italians weren't so afraid to keep their borders closed, they'd do better in the tournament?

2006 FIFA World Cup squads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It's quite hard to obtain Italian citizenship, I think that's a likely reason for our lack of "foreign" players (basically if you're not born in Italy you need to wait almost 20 years, which means you'll be too old to play in the national team) - we don't even have "citizenship by birthright". Excepting naturalized south-americans with italian forefathers, Balotelli has been the first "italian generation" black player, because immigration from african countries started later than say France or England (since our economy developed later). We don't really keep our borders closed, just by checking the % of immigrants over the whole population in northern italy's cities it'd be easy to show - my own town has around 30% non-italian-born residents(excluding southern italy, because there's a lack of job opportunities down there); so no that's not a concern of mine because in 5-6 years we'll likely see a good number of italian-chinese and italian-african players.
Another story is how our coaches don't consider people that play for foreign teams. That's a big mistake, I don't even understand why they don't. Probably they're simply too lazy to travel around Europe and check them out.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Does entropie have a point regarding the claim that if Italians weren't so afraid to keep their borders closed, they'd do better in the tournament?

Well they won the cup four times so may be not :D. I was a bit quick to shoot.

I was just caught a bit off guard, if you are enthusiastic about a thing and then get a dampener in the next moment, I hardly react rationally.

But thats not FDGs fault, it's the 12 beer I drank already :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
That's cool I imagined you had been drinking :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Not trying to be racist, but the USA sucks at keeping their borders closed and look at how they do at the world cup.

Then again, there may be other reasons for that...

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Okay, now, FIFA... now would probably be a good time to invest in some actual technology.

Shame on the judges. Shame!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
There are reports that Manchester City was keeping a close eye on Landon Donovan during the World Cup, they were impressed with what they saw, and that there's a good chance they'll be asking him to "come on over and play some football". It would sure draw some interest from the American soccer fans if it happened, being that he's the best we've got.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
^^ [to: refl] I know - spotted that was offside.

(Argentina VS. Mexico.)

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
^^ [to: refl] I know - spotted that was offside.

(Argentina VS. Mexico.)

Everybody who wasn't blind spotted an offside there. Didn't know FIFA employed blind judges.

But the second goal was a huge failure on the Mexican part. Though they could be forgiven for being distracted, given the massive miscarriage of football justice that took place.

Last edited: