• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

MBTI Type
INTJ
What do we all think about the discombobulated state the French squad is in?

If they win their last match and manage to sneak into the next round, I think they will be dangerous. I don't know a lot about soccer, but from watching other sports I've noticed that something like this can bring a team together with purpose if it doesn't kill them right away. A chip on a shoulder is a powerful thing.

Then again, they're French :jew:

R

Riva

This discussion is academic. England will win the World Cup. That is all.

In the last world cup the English commentators were saying that 2006 English team is the best team since the 1966 one. They were also saying that Frank Lampard would score the highest number of goals and Rooney would score the winning goal.

Frank Lampard had 20 odd chances to score but didn't score a single goal as i recall and Rooney got a red card and was sent off in the match against Portugal after screwing up a chance to score.

*Shrugs*

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Damn, how did this happen?!

Favorites upon winning the Cup.
-Argentina
-France
-Germany
-Brazil

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

What kind of a person must one be to wish for the Italians to win? Are you Italian? Have you lived in Italy, do you have close friends who are Italian? If the answer is no to all of those questions, what reason could you have for supporting that team?

They didn't look that idnignant, but I bow to your crystal ball..

Just wait until the dear leader lectures the North Korean players on what disgrace they are to the best country in the world.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcaius was swapping between Greece v Argentina and Nigeria v South Korea, but mostly watching the latter. He does not know how the hell Yakubu missed that open goal.:doh:

On a side note, Falcarius hopes SolitaryWalker's obsession with dear kimmy dies down a bit. Obviously, it is either because of the six inch platform shoes or classic bouffant hairstyle, either way it is not exactly healthy seeing a young man get flustered over a geriatric.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Haha, Martin Palermo scored before Messi in the World Cup!

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I find that hard to believe when they needed to cheat to even make it to the tournament.

Agreed.

I'd even dared to say that it is because they cheated that they lost this way somehow. Actually, it's not a kind of poetic justice, it's rather than the French honor was hit, and this way, our national team lost support from France months ago. The majority of French population was in favour of another match against Ireland, a kind of replay, can you imagine that?

Even when the world cup began, there were nobody more despised in French medias than the members of our so-called French football team.

Always, during these weeks, we called them cheaters, especially in France. It may sound weird for outsiders, but for Frenchmen it's important. The average Frenchmen did not recognize themselves in their national team: it was a conflict of values. Of course, no wonder "our" team members were demoralized from the start, since they had almost no real popular support in France.

So they lost, and they lost the most ridiculous way, torn up by childish bickerings, and over the vast amount of money those spoiled brats were making. Even our government officials said they were the shame of the nation, not because of their (predictable) results, but because of their puerile attitude. Truth is, the majority of people in France wished this defeat, and even hoped South Africa could qualify with a large score.
Now, the crowd in France is appeased.

Don't wonder why. Such things happen in France and in France only.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd even dared to say that it is because they cheated that they lost this way somehow. Actually, it's not a kind of poetic justice, it's rather than the French honor was hit, and this way, our national team lost support from France months ago. The majority of French population was in favour of another match against Ireland, a kind of replay, can you imagine that?

Even when the world cup began, there were nobody more despised in French medias than the members of our so-called French football team.

That's a fascinating dynamic. I almost feel for the players, because it was not within their power to call for a replay. I don't know what the sentiment among the team was. Would they have volunteered to replay?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
. Would they have volunteered to replay?

No, the majority did not want to replay, and that's why they were despised after displaying such a lame and unfair attitude. The truth is that they couldn't, since FIFA was first to blame. But was was shocking is that most of them never expressed the slightest regret.

After that, well, there have been a kind of divorce between them and the French popular crowds who did not recognize themselves in the values they displayed.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What kind of a person must one be to wish for the Italians to win? Are you Italian? Have you lived in Italy, do you have close friends who are Italian? If the answer is no to all of those questions, what reason could you have for supporting that team?

Who said I supported Italy? I said they are favorites as in likely candidates to win. As in they have good chances. IMO of course.

And could you stop with the xenophobia for just one second Mr.Spinoza?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My favorites would be Argentina (still find it highly unlikely), Italy and Germany.

That is not what you meant. You said Argentina was one of your favorites but it is highly unlikely to win the tournament which means that the term 'favorite' means a team that you personally favor rather than a team that in your objective assessment is the most likely to win. I ask again, why would you favor Italy?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
That was completely idiotic, a mixture of conceitedness and fatigue led the Brazilian defenders to let the Korean forward to run through the penalty area uncontacted and take a shot. The Koreans wouldn't be able to do that in a regular World Cup match, especially considering how tightly defensive the opening games have been.

No worries, Portugal may still beat North Korea by a wide margin. The Portuguese just have to dive and let Ronaldo take the free kicks, he is very good at long-range shooting. Furthermore, he dives with impunity more than the entire Italian squad could hope to. Obviously I still have not given up on the vision of North Korea losing by 10 goals.

They only lost by 7 goals, so IN YO' FACE! there.

And S. Korea advances!!!! :rock:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAL! (Actually 2)

I so wish I had been able to watch the game in a thunderously crowded auditorium with other crazy fans.