• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
These Ivory Coast players are trash outside of Drogba. The guy who got Kaka sent off is a disgrace.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I bet you're a Yankees and Lakers fan, too.

hey, some of us are happy that Brazil actually gets back its good players for the world cup since they're purchased away by Europe for the rest of the time :rolli:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I bet you're a Yankees and Lakers fan, too.

No actually, I'm not a fan of the Yankees and Lakers (I don't generally pay attention to sports).

I'm actually a Brazil fan because I lived there for a year and that's the place where I developed an interest in pro soccer (watching/playing soccer is one of the major social events in Brazil). I'm not a Brazil fan merely because they are one of the best teams and more associated with soccer than any other place in the world.

I bet your foot is in your mouth now, huh?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No actually, I'm not a fan of the Yankees and Lakers (I don't generally pay attention to sports).

I'm actually a Brazil fan because I lived there for a year and that's the place where I developed an interest in pro soccer (watching/playing soccer is one of the major social events in Brazil). I'm not a Brazil fan merely because they are one of the best teams and more associated with soccer than any other place in the world.

hotlink.php

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
hey, some of us are happy that Brazil actually gets back its good players for the world cup since they're purchased away by Europe for the rest of the time :rolli:

Yeah, it's impressive and fun to watch them play. Doesn't mean I have to like watching them win.

Nope. Shit-talking is the best part of sports... and the best shit-talking has no basis in reality! :D

Front-runner :tongue:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP

oooo

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Annoying horns and scores that never seem to pass 0-0 or 1-1. Yeah, not for me.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Annoying horns and scores that never seem to pass 0-0 or 1-1. Yeah, not for me.

I'm gonna have to agree with you, Max. I'm watching the games as much as I can, but it's tough to sit through a whole game. I keep thinking, "What am I really looking for here?" I get how the game works (played a short while as a youngster), but 90 minutes with just a few legitimate shots on goal?

People say baseball is boring, but at least with baseball (with the exception of a sudden home run), you're building on what the last guy did. One guy gets on base. Then he steals 2nd base (or gets sacrificed over to 2nd). Now, as a fan, you know that something could happen. There is a man in scoring position (and it took 1 or 2 events just for that to happen), and now you're hoping that the 3rd or 4th guy can deliver a key hit to drive in the run. It's a series of events that leads to something good.

What's frustrating with soccer (for me), is you can watch a very uneventful (50/50 possession, relatively few shots on goal) 0-0 game for 77 minutes, get up and go to the bathroom, come back and it's 1-0. Game over. No need to continue watching. "Anything else on TV, honey?" All because of a header that slipped through the goalies hands. :shock: Soccer fans, what am I missing here? What *should* I be watching for? What makes the 90 minutes so exciting?

I am looking forward to watching the games when it gets down to 8 and 4 teams remaining though, because there will be so much at stake. I'll just have to be sure to not go to the bathroom even once, lest I miss the defining goal of the tournament. I'll keep a "urine bottle" next to the couch.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I tend to analyze the game in terms of ball possession, averaging skills of the players, stuff like that. I try to see where they're going with a particular strategy.

And of course, I spend most of the time yelling at the tv.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
It seems like the only Frenchman whose unpopularity comes anywhere close to Domenech is Sarkozy.

damn, England, France, now Italy. what the hell?

Weird championship so far.

Yeah, and Diego Forlán is like player of the tournament so far. Capello needs to give the whole England team whatever Forlán has been taking since he left Manchester.:shock:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Do Argentians have a special reason to despise the Italian team more than the rest of the world does?

Just traditional footballing rivalry, mixed with perhaps a biut of jealousy over Italy's greater international success. It's a love-hate thing. The 1990 incident where Maradona left Napoli because they burnt the Argentina flag also probbaly has something to do with it.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Just traditional footballing rivalry, mixed with perhaps a biut of jealousy over Italy's greater international success. It's a love-hate thing. The 1990 incident where Maradona left Napoli because they burnt the Argentina flag also probbaly has something to do with it.

Not to mention the fierce rivalry over the world diving championship.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
^^^The end justifies the means if there is something that justifies the end :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Why is it cowardly? I grew up playing and watching football and I never heard that description