• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Whistle had blown some time before he scored though, I heard it on television so I owuld be suprised if the Slovene players had not.

Good for Slovenia, a country with a population that would only be a minor city in the USA. :)

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whistle had blown some time before he scored though, I heard it on television so I owuld be suprised if the Slovene players had not.

Good for Slovenia, a country with a population that would only be a minor city in the USA. :)

I still don't understand why the third U.S goal was disallowed. Were there any fouls in the box by the U.S? Surely it could not have been offside as its hard for me to even imagine how a reasonable person could have perceived the play as offside.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I still don't understand why the third U.S goal was disallowed. Were there any fouls in the box by the U.S? Surely it could not have been offside as its hard for me to even imagine how a reasonable person could have perceived the play as offside.

That was a totally regular goal, the refeeres just suck ... -.-

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What exactly was the foul? Couldn't be offsides as the defender was bear hugging the U.S. player.

And how does bear hugging not result in a PK?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
One of our guys was indeed offsides. I can't find any clips of the replay, and I don't remember who did what, but if I recall correctly, one of our guys to the scorer's left was offsides. It sucks, but it's how it is.

And how does bear hugging not result in a PK?

I do agree, however, that it was strange that we didn't get a PK from that. The refs made quite a few bad calls during this game. I think overall we got jipped.

Beorn

Permabanned
No offsides, but there were three possible fouls committed by slovenian players.

[YOUTUBE="G5rGDAZnvcI"]:doh:[/YOUTUBE]

Btw this was the ref's first world cup match ever.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't see offsides in any of the replays.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
It was disallowed for shoving. That wa sicnorrect, but the whistle blew as the ball was going into the are from the free kick, possibly causing some Slovene players to stop concentrating.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was disallowed for shoving. That wa sicnorrect, but the whistle blew as the ball was going into the are from the free kick, possibly causing some Slovene players to stop concentrating.

They could've concentrated like a Zen Master and the US still would've scored.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I don't see much shoving in any of the replays either.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mauriceedudisallowedcloseupcaptions.gif

And that doesn't even have the bear hug!

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
What a bad day...

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Remember this? I wonder if "The Scum" will be offering an official apology...I doubt it though somehow.

the_sun_2010_world_cup_draw_easy.jpg

And that doesn't even have the bear hug!

Please tell me you didn't make that!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Brutal call. It was a goal all the way. And England is not exactly setting the world ablaze, either.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[youtube=mZMFLqBKXNI]Final Coupe du Monde 1998 France 3 - 0 Brésil[/youtube]
That was so EPIC!!:happy2:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka sent home over coach row

Domenech (right) chose Anelka to start France's first two games

France striker Nicolas Anelka has been sent home from the World Cup after verbally insulting coach Raymond Domenech during the Mexico game.

The Chelsea star missed training on Saturday after reports of a row with the France coach during their 2-0 loss.

And he later refused to apologise when asked to by French Football Federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes.

An FFF statement said the 31-year-old's half-time comments to Domenech were "totally unacceptable".

The statement continued: "Faced by the refusal of the player to publicly apologise, he (Escalettes) took the decision in total agreement with the coach and the official members of the delegation present to exclude Nicolas Anelka from the squad."

The FFF said that France captain Patrice Evra also attended the meeting with Anelka at the French training camp in Knysa.

Anelka, a League and FA Cup double winner with Chelsea this season, has won 71 international caps.

He scored twice on his debut against England in 1999 but later spent three years in the international wilderness after refusing to play for Les Bleus under coach Jacques Santini.

606: DEBATE
Were France right to send Anelka home?
Domenech brought Anelka back into the fold in 2005 but left him out of France's squad for the World Cup in Germany the following year.

It was only a temporary omission and Anelka scored in the first leg ofthe qualifying play-off against the Republic of Ireland last November when France secured their place in South Africa.

He was also in the starting line-up for both of France's first group games but failed to hit the net in the 0-0 draw with Uruguay and the loss to Mexico.

France's poor start to the competition has left their hopes of qualification from Group A out of their hands.

There were reports earlier in the week that Domenech had also had a training ground bust-up with midfielder Florent Malouda.

And the team has been urged to show greater dignity for the remainder of the tournament.

French sports minister Roselyne Bachelot said in a statement: "The very high pressure weighing on Les Bleus does not authorise any form of slip-up.

"The players must keep in mind that they're wearing France's colours and are considered as role models by many youngsters.

"This obliges them to show restraint and dignity."

If Mexico and Uruguay draw in their final match, France will be eliminated.