• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
One of my colleagues didn't show up today because he was too traumatized by the Netherlands not winning the World Cup. According to others he was at home, crying. I'm curious how many people commited suicide after that match.

I'm on the other side but I respect that level of passion. My respects to your colleague.:yes:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
One of my colleagues didn't show up today because he was too traumatized by the Netherlands not winning the World Cup. According to others he was at home, crying. I'm curious how many people commited suicide after that match.

Funny the way some people get so worked up about these events, it makes me want to shake them and say, "It's only a GAME, not the mass anihilation of your nearest and dearest! Get a grip!"

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Funny the way some people get so worked up about these events, it makes me want to shake them and say, "It's only a GAME, not the mass anihilation of your nearest and dearest! Get a grip!"

It´s fun. But pitiful. I could see the same happening here, so I can understand.

I think those people who have an ill obsession with football, who lived to see their national team participating in three World Cup Finals and losing them, were among those commiting suicide.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
^ :yim_rolling_on_the_

It was featured in a comedy TV show here last night.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Man this sucks. I was in Amsterdam at Museum square to watch the match, there were 100.000 people there, and maybe another hundred thousand in other squares in the city. It was such an amazing party, the atmosphere was so incredibly cool and friendly, like I've never seen it before. Even after we lost the match. Police said there were less fights and problems then most other Sundays.

Congrats to Spain, you did play better throughout the game, I must admit. Though that referee definitely sucks (I think the Spanish will agree with me, remembering the Swiss vs. Spain travesty.) You were playing better, but you were in luck with some of Webb's decisions as well.

Even though we lost, it was still a huge party afterwards. I can't imagine what it would've been like if we won. An American friend was with us (he took a later flight home just so he could stay and watch the finals with us), and he said he'd never seen this kind of partying going on anywhere.

Either way, I had a great weekend, with one of the most horrible Mondays today.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Here's a pick of Museum square yesterday. The big screen is in the bottom of the picture, and there are huge screens on each of the four columns as well. (I posted it as a link because the picture is huge, took me literally a couple of seconds to load, and I'm on a 20Mbit line!)

The madhouse called Amsterdam!

I was standing towards the left, a bit behind the first two columns.

Every time somebody went to the toilet, we weren't expecting to be able to get back through the crowd, luckily, everybody did.

BTW. I'm the guy wearing the black shirt with orange pants, tie and hat!

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
I was so disappointed... it actually took me until monday to realize "wait a minute... what the hell is wrong with me? I don't even care about football"