• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Unfuckingbelievable! Hats of the Dutchmen, tho. Impressive.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
^^

I'm rooting for Uruguay on this one. I think they were the last team to qualify so they're a pretty good underdog, plus Diego Forlan is the best looking guy in the tournament [no homo].

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uruguay have never attract my sympaty. I wish AFRICA win!

I support Germany against Argentina also. Though Argentina is a strong team and it won't be easy to beat up them.;)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Uruguay have never attract my sympaty. I wish AFRICA win!

I support Germany against Argentina also. Though Argentina is a strong team and it won't be easy to beat up them.;)

Hey, I was pulling for the African teams until the whole vuvuzela thing. Argentina is very strong and I'm getting indigestion just thinking about the match tomorrow. Messi and Tevez are in my nightmares.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Brazil controlled the first half, they should've gone for the kill more actively in hindsight, Stekelenberg did make an awesome save though to prevent 2-0.

Then what happened in the second half is that the Dutch starting harrassing more, hunting for the ball. The Brazilians didn't get in their gear anymore, Dutch picked up speed. First goal was luck, second goal was class.

But in all fairness, we should've made more goals in the second half. The oppertunities near the end shouldn't have been missed at this level. So although our team is starting to get in his own gear, we're still not there yet.

Whatever happened to the Brazil team in the second half after the second goal, I dunno though. Maybe it's the south american temperament that shines through. The totally deserved red card and the lack of position play, it's almost as if they were given the win to us in the end. Which is also why we should've scored more.

Either way, the lions managed to break Brazil's playstyle and speed and won deserved.

Will this be the first time for us to win the world cup? We have a stable team, a team's team. But definatly not the best team we ever had in terms of individual players. But then again, this is our 9th consecutive win, and we haven't lost in like 22 games, I think.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Firstly, I've got to say - well done Holland!

Secondly, that result really has thrown the cup wide open. I don't think there are any clear favourites at this stage, though Argentina and Germany are probably the strongest contenders right now. Shame one of them has to lose the quarter final!

Thirdly, I find it very amusing that Fluffywolf is now all enthusiastic about 1) Football, and 2) His national team after his previous display of ennui on the subject! :tongue:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Forlán!!! VAMOS URUGUAY VAMOS AMERICA LATINA!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thirdly, I find it very amusing that Fluffywolf is now all enthusiastic about 1) Football, and 2) His national team after his previous display of ennui on the subject! :tongue:

I just appear that way though, if they had lost I wouldn't have cared the slightest. But it's always cool when my country sends favorites home. Especially if those favorites have sent us home on occasion like Brazil 98' penalty shootout.

But I have yet to watch a single game, and listened to this one on the radio while working. So really, if I appear enthusiastic, I assure you it's just appearances. :D

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
PENALTY MISS!!! :ohmy:

(Sorry, Marcel. ;) )

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If Uruguay scores now...

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I HATE my high-blood pressure!

Still...

:yay:

Congratulations to Ghana anyway. Worthy opponents. It was a great match today.

No pain, no gain. That´s how we roll.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
:) Well done to both teams, well done Uruguay, regardless of my fmaily ties it is a great historic fotballing nation. :)

Go Uruguay against Holland!!! Let's make it a repeat of the 1930 World Cup final Uruguay vs Argentina, the oldest international game outside of the British Isles.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Wait, why aren't the letters in my previous post size 1000000, like I tagged them to be?