• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh well, guess we'll have to see how Ronaldo does in the upcoming Spanish league. Kick-off may come early this year round.

(Goodbye, Portugal.)

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
You have to understand. I'm used to Marv Albert screaming "OOOOOOO FACIAL" whenever someone dunks on somebody in baseketball; Joe Buck, Joe Morgan, and Michael Kay sputtering out sentence fragments in baseball; and...Joe Buck again sputtering sentence fragments in american football.

Martin Tyler is poetry to me, by comparison.

heh, I see your point.

I just find English commentators too downbeat though. And they moan about every little thing instead of just enjoying it for what it is. It's like "you get paid to watch football, at least stop complaining and sound as if you want to be there!"

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Oh well, guess we'll have to see how Ronaldo does in the upcoming Spanish league. Kick-off may come early this year round.

(Goodbye, Portugal.)

We would actually have played better without Ronaldo so let Real Madrid have him.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I'm not from US :harhar: so I can support Germany :alttongue:.

How about the finals? Who do you think will enter? Argentina - Brazil.

If I had no interest in the game, I would say argentina would win. But as it stands I do have an interest, and I am scared of Germany! They are an efficient and well-organized team even if they don't have great players on paper.

Though the defence is not great. This is the one hting that gives me some reassurance.

Yep, I think Brasil will make the final. And probably win.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
If I had no interest in the game, I would say argentina would win. But as it stands I do have an interest, and I am scared of Germany! They are an efficient and well-organized team even if they don't have great players on paper.

Argentinians are very talented - no doubt there (though the attack is better than the defense in my opinion). But as you said Germans are very well organized and a group team. There is not much of this "me me" attitude, that is very often the case with teams with highly talented and well-known players (say Muller sending it of to Podolski in the match with England). And a well organized defense can be a problem - I remember one European Cup where Greece won that way.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In quarter finals right?

Yes, the games are opening up a lot and I don't think either team will be playing for a draw as penalty shootouts are decidedly unattractive to both sides. If one side clearly believed themselves to be weaker than the opponent, they may play for a draw with a plan to win with a plan to outscore the opponent on penalties, yet neither team has such an attitude in this case. Hence, I expect a very open, attacking game.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Even in soccer threads I dont like SW, cause he bets on the wrong team :D.

I was watching CNN the other day and a reporter was talking about the german player Muller. I was puzzling over whom possible he could mean, until I figured he meant Müller.

Guys we got to practice this ! You can substitute the ü with ue anytime, so its Mueller. And spoken its like ueeehhh. Really, who the fuck is Muller :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're all forgetting who is really gonna take the cup.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was watching CNN the other day and a reporter was talking about the german player Muller. I was puzzling over whom possible he could mean, until I figured he meant Müller.

You're watching CNN for Sports news???

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This early Brazil goal will certainly make things more interesting

Beorn

Permabanned
Well at least today it is certainly true that if you're not dutch you're not much.