• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WORLD CUP 2010

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Great first goal - Brazil!

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yup, what a great first goal from Brazil. Looks like they'll make it far with the performance they've shown in this match.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
North Korea gave Brazil a decent game. I thought they would fall apart when Brazil got their second goal but they did not. Hopefully, they play like that against Portugal and Ivory Coast; if they do, they could shock everyone and get out of their group.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hopefully, they play like that against Portugal and Ivory Coast;,.

Hopefully not, lest they praise their dear leader.

if they do, they could shock everyone and get out of their group.

I don't think so, they haven't displayed enough offensive potential to get out of the group. If they play like this they could hold Portugal and Ivory Coast at 0-0 or 1-1 but that won't be sufficient to earn a second place or higher.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
^^^So you're not going to give them the credit for whate veryone recognizes was a good performance then, regardless of your bias?

And do you really think they will play as defensively against Ivory Coast as against Brazil?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^^^So you're not going to give them the credit for whate veryone recognizes was a good performance then, regardless of your bias??

I was very impressed with their defensive performance and the sheer strength of will they've expressed by not becoming intimidated by Brazil. However, their game in the midfield and attack was lacking. North Korea produced very few chances and their shooting was mediocre at best.

^^^And do you really think they will play as defensively against Ivory Coast as against Brazil?

I don't think so, as they will need to be pushing for a victory if they plan on getting out of the group which is another reason I believe that they will be eliminated. I said they'd get a 0-0 or 1-1 at best, that is if they happen to be on their best performance which can be achieved only by playing in a very defensive, radically conservative manner that they played against Brazil. If they shift their game more to the midfield or the attacking front, they'll surely be decimated.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
No, you're definitely not the worst team here, North Korea is and they will lose by at least 10 goals today.

Ha! They showed you wrong today! I was watching the game at a bar and even though everyone cheered when Brazil made their goals they cheered just as loud if not louder when N. Korea made their goal. I think it was a scream of shock.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
N. Korea made their goal. I think it was a scream of shock.

That was completely idiotic, a mixture of conceitedness and fatigue led the Brazilian defenders to let the Korean forward to run through the penalty area uncontacted and take a shot. The Koreans wouldn't be able to do that in a regular World Cup match, especially considering how tightly defensive the opening games have been.

No worries, Portugal may still beat North Korea by a wide margin. The Portuguese just have to dive and let Ronaldo take the free kicks, he is very good at long-range shooting. Furthermore, he dives with impunity more than the entire Italian squad could hope to. Obviously I still have not given up on the vision of North Korea losing by 10 goals.

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
Who needs to hear the commentators ranting inanely on on when we can see what's happening perfectly well, and apparently a lot better than they can? :devil:

The commentator we had for the Australian televised game between Netherlands and Denmark had me in stitches.
I would have fallen asleep in the first half if he hadn't engaged in some 'inane ranting'.
And it appears that Denmark truly is the 'happiest' nation of people on the planet. Poulsen could still smile after getting a goal for the Dutch. Just happy to get a goal, any goal, I guess.

Australia? :redface:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Spain is going to win.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
btw Honduras has a regime installed by a coup and illegitimate elections. I'm wondering if a success for them would only help the govt. ...

I don't take that view because hwile governments try to take ownership of these things, the people will generally udnerstand it as their triumph, not that of the government. Whereas int he case of a defeat, they will udnerstand it as their own defeat, not the governments, lowering their confidence even further.

Likewise Chile is hardly a saintly ruling class despite the facade of democracy. (Same goes for Brazil and Portugal, and I imagine the Ivory Coast). So if a victory for the national team strengthens the govt., I wouldn't want them to win either...:whistling:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I HATE THESE

115579115.png

115594236.gif

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, someone should kill the people with those damn elephant horns.
I get a headache watching the game with sound.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I'm guessing that was a vuvuzela...if so, I hate them too, and have a suggestion as to where they can be inserted.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
tcda, I watched Brazil- North Korea with two friends from Argentina who ended up siding with the Koreans because at least at the beginning the Brazilians didn´t even think it necessary to run instead of walk. Usually it´s panamerican solidarity though, even with Brazil.

Which reminds me that apparently under the military dictatorship football was very much used to distract the masses (that and the Malvinas*, of course).

And in Germany there are claims about a correlation between electoral outcomes and the national teams success. So yes, it is "just" a sport, but due to it´s public appeal it is also easily turned into something political.

* mirá, dije "Malvinas" en vez de "Falklands" :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
tcda, I watched Brazil- North Korea with two friends from Argentina who ended up siding with the Koreans because at least at the beginning the Brazilians didn´t even think it necessary to run instead of walk. Usually it´s panamerican solidarity though, even with Brazil.

Which reminds me that apparently under the military dictatorship football was very much used to distract the masses (that and the Malvinas*, of course).

And in Germany there are claims about a correlation between electoral outcomes and the national teams success. So yes, it is "just" a sport, but due to it´s public appeal it is also easily turned into something political.

* mirá, dije "Malvinas" en vez de "Falklands" :D

:laugh:

you're also right about the 1978 world cup. :)

though they were obviiously quite fair-minded, many Argentineans wouldn't need an extra reason to cheer against Brazil. :D