• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Red Dead Redemption

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I reserved a copy (comes out on the 18... a few hours from now). I don't buy games often at all. I'm still only playing Modern Warfare 2. Pretty excited to see how this is though. Who else is getting it?

Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I probably will. Games are getting to be pretty routine, this should be a good change of pace...

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Don't know much about this game except for the reputation of the game's developers. A GTA in the old west concept sounds pretty cool if done right. I'm waiting for the reviews/game footage before I buy.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm considering it -- which I don't do for many games. I've stumbled onto a couple of sparse reviews (in the "9,5/10", but no more detail) that recommended it, and the developer has a reputation for well-made games. So why not?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've played maybe an hour and a half's time worth of it so far (picked it up at midnight, man I felt like a geek!) and it is actually quite awesome. Definitely doesn't stray too far from the feel of GTA IV, controls/game play wise, but it is indeed the wild west as opposed to modern day gang warfare/organized crime. Definitely check it out. Missions to do, herbs to pick, animals to hunt, horses to ride, outlaws to chase, and a big world to explore - good times. :nice:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wow, gameplay looks really fun and it seems like they have come up with something original for online multiplayer. IGN gave it a 9.7 out of 10!

Red Dead Redemption Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN

Now if it would only allow me to play as Kwai Chang Caine and fight like Gordon Liu, I would be at one with myself.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Wow, gameplay looks really fun and it seems like they have come up with something original for online multiplayer. IGN gave it a 9.7 out of 10!

Red Dead Redemption Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN

Now if it would only allow me to play as Kwai Chang Caine and fight like Gordon Liu, I would be at one with myself.

I'm upset that there's no tepees... There's injuns, but no tepees. :(

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'm upset that there's no tepees... There's injuns, but no tepees. :(

:steam: Political correctness :steam:

Actually.. Werent South-western indians in like.. pueblos? I thought Teepes were more among pacific northwestern and plains indians.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
:steam: Political correctness :steam:

Actually.. Werent South-western indians in like.. pueblos? I thought Teepes were more among pacific northwestern and plains indians.

Well, they could incorporate it all, because this is a made up world after all!

:steam: political correctness :steam:

How sweet would it be to ride up on a camp of tepees at dusk, with their campfire smoke rising?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Rented the game. Its pretty awesome. So far not too difficult (which I tend to prefer, at least at the beginning, to allow myself to get into the story.). Something about just riding a horse around the Old West landscape which is invigorating.

Also opened up my appreciation for Westerns (movies). Just saw the Outlaw Josey Wales again and I forgot how the movie is both very poignant and 'funny'.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Westerns are some of the best movies around, by far. Both versions of "3:10 to Yuma" are excellent. And don't forget John Wayne. " The Sons of Katy Elder" and " The Searchers" are incredible.

I detest new video games, but some of the Western related ones actually didn't look that bad.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^You've got me in the mood to go on a Western watching rampage now.

My dad has read just about every Louis L'Amour book out there, and I've not read a single one. I've always been kind of tempted though.