• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Musical Instrument(s)

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
Violin
Cello
Flute
Beans beans, the magical fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh god...i can't answer that.

anything played with that soul destroying heartbreakingly melancholic sound...:wubbie:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
French horn... I used to play it just because I love the way it sounds somewhat mournful and a very rounded sound... plus it's really cool and coily! :holy:

it was also a good weight lifting exercize hauling it around :dry:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cello!

I wish I could play an instrument, though I would probably pick one that's easier to carry around...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite instruments are my electric guitar, an Ibanez RG2550EX, or my Access Virus KC virtual analog synthesizer.

I made a little project studio in my den...
picture.php

:headphne:

KDude

guitar
bazouki
shamisen
alto sax
piano
violins
erhu

edit: can't play all of these.. just like :)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Keyboards, piano, clarinet, sax, flute, and oboe.

The sounds of keyboards and piano express my soul. Love playing them, and the possibilities of sounds are endless.

Main instrument is clarinet, and I enjoy the sound of it. They can be sweet sounding if played right.

Saxophone is fun to play as well, can make a lot of noise!

Flute has always sounded very pretty to me. I was going to take that up when I was getting into band, but opted for clarinet.

Oboe has always sounded sweetly melancholic to me. I quite like it.

gromit

likes this
guitar
bazouki
shamisen
alto sax
piano
violins
erhu

edit: can't play all of these.. just like :)

KDude... I had to look up a couple of these. Now that I know the name of it, there is this old guy who plays the erhu in one of the subway stations. I always thought it was supposed to sound awful, but then I saw a film clip of all these trained musicians playing and it was soooo beautiful. I guess he just didn't know what he was doing!

Anyway, apparently my favorites are all really "annoying" ones (according to my one particular friend):

bagpipes
banjo
didgeridoo
accordion

I also like deep percussion.

oh god...i can't answer that.

anything played with that soul destroying heartbreakingly melancholic sound...:wubbie:
Yeah, this too. You said it, Lady X :)

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ agreed, gromit. i proudly dig accordion, banjo, sometimes bagpipes, wailing harmonica.. and there are other instruments my friends consider god-awful.

heard sitar in the subway for the first time in a long time.. beautiful!

piano, cello, percussion, fiddle... i think it often depends on the music it's making.

a knee-jerk favorite? hammond b3 organ, modelled here by booker t.:
booker-t.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is so beautiful i can barely take it... :wubbie:
[youtube=vsb-lXec76w] <3 [/youtube]

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As far as tone, probably piano. It's also best for songwriting.

But when it comes to sheer physical enjoyment of playing, bass guitar all the way. You can really dig into and manhandle it so much more than guitar, and it actually sounds better when you do.

Not to mention the bass community allows for so many different ways to be good. There are just a lot of different sounds you can make with it and a lot of different approaches...most electric guitarists are concerned primarily with how fast you can shred, and the guitar community is not as supportive as the bass community.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Both the viloin and piano never cease to amaze and inspire me.

The organ would be a close runner-up; those massive organs that are in churches and whatnot.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I absolutely adore the flute and piano. I play both and never tire of the different sounds I can get from them... <3 I want to get some different types of flute though. I'm looking at dizis and irish flutes at the moment, which I'll hopefully buy at some point over the summer (when I get a job! :tongue:)

I've always wanted to learn the French Horn. It sounds awesome!

I also love the guitar and the harp. My older brother writes a lot of acoustic guitar music which is pretty good, and my cousin plays the harp. Both awesome :yes: