• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBA PLAYOFFS 2010

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I've never bought the Bynum hype. He's hurt constantly, and the few times we've gotten to see the fully healthy Bynum, he's been pretty mediocre. I live in LA, and the Laker fans seem to think that he already is what his potential would indicate he could be. But that doesn't seem to be the case to me at all. He has youth on his side, but for right now I'd take a bunch of centers over him.

I totally agree. I think in another era with more skilled big man he wouldn't be regarded as highly, but in this era where you can literally count the true 5's who are worth a shit on 1 hand (Dwight, Yao, Perkins, Bynum, Bogut, Brook Lopez) he has to be reckoned with.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Full Disclosure : Suns fan since the KJ days :)

As optimistic as I am, I don't see them beating the Lakers in 7. If they can control the defensive rebounds and limit the 2nd chance points, and minimize the number of free throws they give away, they might have a shot. But those are very big ifs

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Reports saying Bynum's knee getting worse. Yes!!! Thank god for Kobe setting a horrible example by not resting when he should've, got Bynum following his lead... I already thought we had a good shot, this increases the odds! :nice:

Full Disclosure : Suns fan since the KJ days :)

As optimistic as I am, I don't see them beating the Lakers in 7. If they can control the defensive rebounds and limit the 2nd chance points, and minimize the number of free throws they give away, they might have a shot. But those are very big ifs

Robin is back, we don't foul much to begin with and Bynum is hurt. A perfect storm...

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Evidently there is going to be a Latino protest regarding Phil Jackson's comments about 'Los Suns' apparently he is in favor of the new Arizona Law. The bad Karma keeps stacking up!

Also Phil, presumably performing some Jedi-Mind-Trick made this comment about Steve Nash "...because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it." And Nash retorted: "I've been in the league 14 years and I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," Nash said. "It's news to me. I've never heard anyone complain about me carrying the ball, but, you know, it's fun. The best coach in the league, Gregg Popovich, didn't have a problem with it last week.""

:)

Lakers coach Phil Jackson fires salvo: Suns' Steve Nash carries ball - ESPN Los Angeles

MBTI Type
INTJ
Also Phil, presumably performing some Jedi-Mind-Trick made this comment about Steve Nash "...because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it." And Nash retorted: "I've been in the league 14 years and I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," Nash said. "It's news to me. I've never heard anyone complain about me carrying the ball, but, you know, it's fun. The best coach in the league, Gregg Popovich, didn't have a problem with it last week.""

Phil's trying his dime-store psych tactics on the wrong dude.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Nash, Gentry Fire Back at Phil Jackson -- NBA FanHouse

"I've been in the league 14 years and I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," Nash said. "It's news to me. I've never heard anyone complain about me carrying the ball, but, you know, it's fun."

Nash followed up that comment with what may be perceived as a little jab of his own.

"The best coach in the league, Gregg Popovich, didn't have a problem with it last week."

Gentry did his best to play Jackson's game, and gave the officials something to take a closer look at on the Lakers' side of things.

"We spent a lot of time today ducking elbows on post-ups," Gentry said. "So it all works out."

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
LA 62 PHO 55 at the half. Not too bad, but they are getting killed by Odom

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ooof, blown out. Kobe was Kobe and Odom was a beast, but the Suns can't hope to win if they shoot below 25% from 3-point land

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
That rumor sounds kind of ridiculous. At the same time, I'm not sure anything NBA players do would surprise me.

I didn't believe it at first either. And even now I realize what I believe doesn't matter in the big picture. But 2 things lead me to believe there's something there. In the "where there's smoke there's fire" vain of thinking.

1. You can see from my quote INTPness speculated at the time, hours after the game, that it looked like something had happened at home. Days before the rumor in question surfaced. It passes the eye test. Nobody who has watched this guy play for 7 years recognized him in games 5 and 6.

2. Nba HOF'er Calvin Murphy has come out and said his sources say it's true.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have NOT heard the rumor. Is there a link?

I was just in disbelief watching him in those games. There appeared to be almost no effort to assert either his basketball skills or his personal will to win such an important game. And when you see that from someone of his talent level, it makes you wonder, "What is wrong with this picture?" It was bizarre to watch. I don't even like the Cavs, but I kept thinking, "When is he going to do something? Don't just stand there!"

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I have NOT heard the rumor. Is there a link?

I was just in disbelief watching him in those games. There appeared to be almost no effort to assert either his basketball skills or his personal will to win such an important game. And when you see that from someone of his talent level, it makes you wonder, "What is wrong with this picture?" It was bizarre to watch. I don't even like the Cavs, but I kept thinking, "When is he going to do something? Don't just stand there!"

Just Google Calvin Murphy Lebron James... I don't want to repeat it although I've come to believe there's something to it.

Edit: When I say something to it, I mean for example: In music for years there were rumors that JayZ was dating R&B Singer Aayliah, when she died it turned out she was dating his right hand man Dame Dash. So while the rumor wasn't exact there was something to them.

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Celtics are playing outstanding defense and Rondo finally getting the praise he deserves. He's cerebral, brings an attitude, and is Boston's most important player.

Unfortunately, I live in Orlando and my team is dying, son. If ANOTHER Lakers-Celtics Final happens, I'm rooting for Boston and Rondo as MVP.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Celtics are playing outstanding defense and Rondo finally getting the praise he deserves. He's cerebral, brings an attitude, and is Boston's most important player.

Unfortunately, I live in Orlando and my team is dying, son. If ANOTHER Lakers-Celtics Final happens, I'm rooting for Boston and Rondo as MVP.

I really hope Lakers lose, eventhough it dont seem likely

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I believe this is the first time the Suns have held a lead at the end of any quarter of this series. Lakers getting more fouls called against them. Time for the conspiracy theories! :D