• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBA PLAYOFFS 2010

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Hell yes. I'm an avid basketball fan.

Your thoughts? Who is going to take down the championship? Lebron looks unstoppable, and the Lakers has some pretty lackluster games, i mean, loosing to the LA Clippers on your last game? Lame.

Personally I'm rooting for the Suns, who finished strong and lit up both Denver and Utah, though Utah was missing two starters so it may have been a fluke, it would be nice to see Nash win a title. Also being a jaded ex-Sonics fan I'll be hoping, praying, fingers-crossed that the Thunder can stop the Lakers but that's a longshot.

So who's everybody rooting for?

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I don't believe in the Lakers. I too hope the Suns do something special. The Cavs would be wise not to look past the Magic, the Celtics are washed up, and the Bobcats are scary.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I don't believe in the Lakers. I too hope the Suns do something special. The Cavs would be wise not to look past the Magic, the Celtics are washed up, and the Bobcats are scary.

Did the Magic overtake the Laker's season record? I know they were close a week before the end of the regular season.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not just saying this because I'm a Laker fan, but Phil Jackson's Laker teams always seem to put it on cruise control in the last 10-15 games of the year. I've even been surprised myself in the past at them apparently not caring whether they have home court advantage over certain Eastern Conference teams. Fisher and Kobe have (and Shaq when he was there) always maintained that they aren't super concerned with where they play. They basically say, "Home court is good if you can get it, but it's not everything. We will play anywhere, anytime when the championship is on the line."

I also seem to remember Phil saying some years ago that he thinks it is MORE important to have happy, well rested players at the start of the playoffs than it is to have home court in a series.

So, as a Laker fan, I will objectively say this: On the positive side of things, I really truly do not think they are afraid of any team out there. They truly believe that if it came down to game 7 in Cleveland, that they'd win. And whether they win or not, that's the right attitude to have. On the negative side, I have seen some chinks in their armor this year. They are beatable. And if they aren't on their A game, they could be sitting at home watching the Finals.

Let's go boys! Bring home another ring!

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Did the Magic overtake the Laker's season record? I know they were close a week before the end of the regular season.
They did.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a Laker fan, but Phil Jackson's Laker teams always seem to put it on cruise control in the last 10-15 games of the year. I've even been surprised myself in the past at them apparently not caring whether they have home court advantage over certain Eastern Conference teams. Fisher and Kobe have (and Shaq when he was there) always maintained that they aren't super concerned with where they play. They basically say, "Home court is good if you can get it, but it's not everything. We will play anywhere, anytime when the championship is on the line."

This is at least fanboyism at worst delusional. They were trying to win any number of those games that they lost. There were a few when Kobe was in tears on the bench. Lack of effort and concern with positioning was not the cause of this meltdown...

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't be fooled. The playoffs bring out the beast in most teams, especially one Kobe Bryant. I'm not a Lakers Fan, but what's stopping them from another Ring? Certainly not any Eastern Conference teams? I think LeBron's going to fall short again. His team isn't that strong. Best record means nothing if you can't win it all. Besides, it's not that hard to get a record like that in the East.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you actually watch games I wonder...

I'm taking it that you're not a Laker fan!?

What's so cool about being a Laker fan (and probably a Yankee fan, which I am not), is that you can just set all the chitter chatter aside and say, "Let's just watch the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may". And it often ends very good for Laker fans.

If it doesn't, we chalk it up and go get 'em next year. Man it's good to have such a deep roster and a studly starting five. And a great coach. And a dedicated owner.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
How can you not be a Lakers fan? Phil Jackson drives the biggest bandwagon in the NBA! :D

BTW, I see my Suns managed to be the only team with homecourt advantage that lost their playoff opener... *groan*

... and I just read Suns' bench scored more points then their starters *facepalm*

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
How can you not be a Lakers fan? Phil Jackson drives the biggest bandwagon in the NBA! :D

haha! i grew up in LA and i consistently root against the lakers, haha.
but i would love to see it come down to Cleveland and the Lakers though, that would be some dynamic shit i think. i think everyone has been waiting for that.
but honestly i would love to see the magic take it all.

how do you guys feel about Denver as a team?
they were honestly not even on my radar for the longest time, but i have a friend who is a diehard nuggets fan and ihave been paying a lot more attention to them as a result.
they are a pretty raw team in a lot of ways, unpredictable, but they are really engaging i think. and Melo is huge, i don't know, i can't say enough good things about him.

EDIT-
oh listen, i meant to mention Deron Williams too. i think i enjoy watching him play as much as anybody in the NBA. he is so focused. he is underrated, i think.

ferunandesu

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Whatever happens, I'll be happy so long as the Cavaliers don't win it all.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
haha! i grew up in LA and i consistently root against the lakers, haha.
but i would love to see it come down to Cleveland and the Lakers though, that would be some dynamic shit i think. i think everyone has been waiting for that.
but honestly i would love to see the magic take it all.

how do you guys feel about Denver as a team?
they were honestly not even on my radar for the longest time, but i have a friend who is a diehard nuggets fan and ihave been paying a lot more attention to them as a result.
they are a pretty raw team in a lot of ways, unpredictable, but they are really engaging i think. and Melo is huge, i don't know, i can't say enough good things about him.

EDIT-
oh listen, i meant to mention Deron Williams too. i think i enjoy watching him play as much as anybody in the NBA. he is so focused. he is underrated, i think.

Cleveland - Lakers finals would be epic, everybody was wanting it last year but Cleveland just couldn't match up against Orlando's heigth + depth.

Speaking of the Nuggets (or Thuggets as I call them :)) what about that JR Smith? I laugh every time that guy gets the ball. You don't know if he's going to cross somebody over and go high-flying to the rim, or step back and nail several jumpers in a row, or try to make some flashy play and just fail miserably (admittedly he hasn't done that much recently, just during the season's start). If Jamal Crawford wasn't in the equasion he'd definately make the best 6th man of the year. He epotimizes the streaky player. He'll go 1 for 9 in in a half, turn on the light switch, and then can like 5 of 6 at the three mark.

They just lost to Utah, though I don't think Utah will go the distance, too many injuries (Okur is out now), Carmello will wear them down.

Also... Did anybody catch that hilarious Noah interview where he straight up talks trash about Cleveland? Definately worth a look, unabashed just straight up mocking Cleveland and all that live there. +1 for Noah, though thats to counteract the -1 he got for getting all butthurt at LeBron doing a bit of dancing at the end of the first game.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP

I had this sentiment when the Cavaliers were dancing and acting all cocky during the playoffs last year, though Orlando served them a big slice of humble pie and they seem to have toned it down this year.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

This. Talk about "bandwagons". Anyone who was a Cleveland Cavaliers fan before we ever heard the name LeBron James - congratulations, your team has come a long way. To all the "other" Cleveland fans - whatever!

Denver is a good team. I just can't see them making the NBA Finals. As good as they are, I just don't think they are NBA Finals good. But, I thought that last year about Orlando and they made it.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
haha, yeah Willfrey, JR Smith cracks me up too. when he is on he is ON in a huge way, but he is just as likely to bomb. but he throws himself into it so fully though, to me that is a great thing however it turns out.
but his number of shot attempts must be insane - it seems like every time he gets on court he just takes any opportunity, no matter what. haha! '

do you have a link for that Noah interview? i didn't see it.

OKC!!!!!!!!!!!!1

they will always be the Supersonics to me, and i know a HUGE seattle contingent is really sorry to see them go. that was a giant blow to seattle to lose them. seattle has some great fans, and i know that was a knife in the heart for a lot of sonics fans.
but OKC really welcomed them in a big way, so that is pretty cool to see.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
they will always be the Supersonics to me, and i know a HUGE seattle contingent is really sorry to see them go. that was a giant blow to seattle to lose them. seattle has some great fans, and i know that was a knife in the heart for a lot of sonics fans.
but OKC really welcomed them in a big way, so that is pretty cool to see.

I've been calling them the Zombie Sonics alla Bill Simmons, but if they keep up like this I'm going to have allow them their own identity. Seattle opted not to build the stadium and lost the team. There's always a debate about whether or not it's worth it to spend public money on a stadium and such, and they opted not to spend it and lost the team. *Shrug.*

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well at least there will be a game six. :yes:

I suppose OKC could pull this off. I'm getting the same feeling with the Lakers that I got when they lost in the Finals against Detroit (2004? with Malone, Payton, and company). They're vulnerable in these playoffs. Just not looking as strong as they have in the past. But, we'll see. I still don't think OKC will win the series, but they have a good, young squad for sure.