• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fcuk Yeah!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Are there more players on each All-Star team than there were last year? Did MLB increase the roster sizes again for this year? Anyone know? I thought they increased the roster sizes once or twice since that "All-Star tie" in 2002, but these rosters are massive. There's like 14 players from every MLB team. And utility players in the All-Star game. And bullpen catchers getting the starting nod. And all sorts of stuff.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Are there more players on each All-Star team than there were last year? Did MLB increase the roster sizes again for this year? Anyone know? I thought they increased the roster sizes once or twice since that "All-Star tie" in 2002, but these rosters are massive. There's like 14 players from every MLB team. And utility players in the All-Star game. And bullpen catchers getting the starting nod. And all sorts of stuff.

I noticed a small overall number of catchers (go McCann!), but I don't know anything about the overall roster sizes. I reluctantly agree about Infante (he's probably the best utility player in the game right now, but he hasn't played enough to qualify this year-blame Charlie Manuel for that one), but I maintain that he deserved it more than that relief pitcher for the White Sox.

I missed the opening and first half of the game, so this is just conjecture, but I think there were probably a lot more pitchers this year than average, due to a combination of the absence of steroids combined with an unusual number of great young pitchers.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
YES! YES! YES!

Rick Ankiel, a former pitcher who hasn't hit for shit his entire time with the Braves, hits a monster for a game-winning homer! And Troy Glaus, the man who held us up throughout May and June (and whose legs couldn't hold himself up for the remainder of the season) makes a crucial double-play off of Buster fucking Posey (go Georgia boys!)! Outstanding game!

I don't know if the Braves will go all the way, but its a damn good thing we have the best bench in fucking baseball-cause they comprise half of our post-season starters!

I'm celebrating; the hangover risk is more than worth it. :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow. That was a f***ing rocket. Good to see Ankiel do that. He's had a rough go of it.

Still, I like the fact that this series looks like two teams fighting for the right to get their ass kicked by the Phillies :)

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Still, I like the fact that this series looks like two teams fighting for the right to get their ass kicked by the Phillies :)

Heh. The Phillies are the best team in baseball right now, but that doesn't always translate into post-season success (as any Braves fan knows all too well). :D

On a separate note, I'm thinking of going back into baseball card-collecting this year-there are a shitload of good rookies.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
<------------------- 28+ year Braves fan

And yes, the Ankiel bomb was awesome. 46 comeback wins this year! I was hoping the Reds could give the Phillies more of a fight in case the Bravos manage to make it to the 2nd round. Bobby in the World Series would be the story of the year.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My favorite team through the postseason will be:

Any of the 7 teams that happen to be playing the Yankees.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Crap.

I think Bobby should have left Kimbral in...when one's era is 0.50, right-handed versus left-handed doesn't really matter very much. Ah well, its do or die now...

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Crap.

I think Bobby should have left Kimbral in...when one's era is 0.50, right-handed versus left-handed doesn't really matter very much. Ah well, its do or die now...

I agree, Kimbrel has nasty stuff. When he got Sanchez to 0-2 I thought it was over.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Dammit!

Well, the Braves lost...its disappointing, but not crushing like when we kept losing big in the post-season despite having the manifestly better team: half of our starters were on the DL, and we still battled for every game (all decided by one run).

I'm undecided about who to root for in the Phillies/Giants match-up; a petty part of me wishes to root against the Giants out of spite, but they're scrappy underdogs and I like that...and they have Georgia native Buster Posey with them. On the other hand, the Phillies would probably have a better shot against the Yankees...

For the AL, I'm rooting for Texas today and whoever plays the Yankees afterwords.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Now that the Bravos are aout of it I want Texas to win the whole thing. I've got family in Dallas so I've been to a few of their games, plus I've been a Nolan Ryan fan since I was a little kid. Also it's fun to root for a franchise that's never won a championship.