• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Matrix...creating your own reality

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
It is Trinity who inspired this post, bu it is something I have been giving quite a lot of thought to lately:

Does anyone believe the idea of the Matrix isn't too far off?

I believe to a large extent we do create our own reality. It also feels right to me that this world is an illusion (no, I do not have proof! I am sharing my ideas/thoughts/feelings...so please do not jump in and ask for proof) :) the reasons I believe this are the following:

I have seen that if I believe in something strongly, it happens. For example, I told family and friends that I would know who I would marry in 6 months or less. I met my husband that night. I decided I wanted to be a life coach and within a month I got my 1st client.

I believe this world is an illusion because it makes intuitive sense to me that there is a greater purpose here. My husband can argue this with me, but he says we cannot prove that I am wrong (or right). :p

I was interested in others thoughts, opinions, and feelings on the matter...and on what makes you believe what you believe.

Please, let's make this an open, non-confrontational post! I mean, please debate the issue, but with respect and love for one another. I am sensitive to conflict and I would hate to have begun one! I am simply interested in others opinions and beliefs and the reasons behind them...hope that's not too much to ask?

Thanks for participating :)

luna~

p.s. Should this be in the philosophy section? I have a difficult time categorizing things... :p