• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTIc Movie Reviews

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
It's not just you. I enjoyed the movie, but I don't get the rapturous reviews. I really liked the parts with the evil general, but the fantasy parts failed to grab me.

The fantasy parts weren't what really captivated me either. I felt that the lifeblood of the movie was the struggle of the rebels. The scared servant woman who ran and was surrounded by soldiers in the forest, the general stiching his cheeks together, the kind doctor, the gallant rebels, the amputation of the leg - and, of course, the general. I agree that the parts that involved the humans, not the fantasy, were the most interesting. The fantasy added an interesting element too, but I think the fantasy is just one part of the movie. The REAL lifeblood is the people. All in all, the characters and the story are pretty brilliant.

At least the fantasy isn't trite. It's genuinely probably different from anything you've seen before.

But I know how annoying it is to find so many people raving about a movie you didn't really like that much. I don't know why, but it is. *eyeballs someone who's posted a movie in this thread*

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
In that case, you would like Santa's Slay. Once I saw the opening scene I was captivated.

Or......
66034986.jpg

I haven't actually seen it but does it ever look awesome. lol

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
It's not just you. I enjoyed the movie, but I don't get the rapturous reviews. I really liked the parts with the evil general, but the fantasy parts failed to grab me.

All I know is that the creature with the eyeballs in his hands was pretty badass.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Killer Clowns From Outer Space!! YIKES! I've seen that!! A terrifying movie! lol Clown phobias all over the country were heightened because of that movie and "It".

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You. Are so mean. lol! Bad dog!

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
That clown does look quite scary. I would never want him at any kids birthday party!

My sister is terrified of clowns and if I watched that movie, I think I might be too!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:blush: I'M scared of clowns actually so I think that it's a scary movie- funny, but really quite terrifying!

MBTI Type
INTJ
The fantasy parts weren't what really captivated me either. I felt that the lifeblood of the movie was the struggle of the rebels. The scared servant woman who ran and was surrounded by soldiers in the forest, the general stiching his cheeks together, the kind doctor, the gallant rebels, the amputation of the leg - and, of course, the general. I agree that the parts that involved the humans, not the fantasy, were the most interesting. The fantasy added an interesting element too, but I think the fantasy is just one part of the movie. The REAL lifeblood is the people. All in all, the characters and the story are pretty brilliant.

At least the fantasy isn't trite. It's genuinely probably different from anything you've seen before.

But I know how annoying it is to find so many people raving about a movie you didn't really like that much. I don't know why, but it is. *eyeballs someone who's posted a movie in this thread*

It was definitely different from anything I've seen, and it does get credit for that. I liked the movie, I just didn't adore it like so many seem to.

As for finding it annoying when people rave about a movie you don't like, #1 on that list for me has to be Mulholland Drive. I have a (not serious) pet theory that David Lynch deliberately made the movie unintelligible to entertain himself by watching the indie community fawn over it.