• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final Fantasy 13

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
What was the final boss??

Veros was the final boss. He was some sort of purple, gay, moon-god person who was P.O.'d at his creation for whatever reason so he wanted to kill everyone to mend his butthurt. He was a complete moron; omnipotent yet fail.

His attacks were rotating lightning bolts and super 'evil' mist that wasn't even poisonous. Super uncool. Also, he made dark portals on the ground, I think. Yeah, he was lame because Capelle killed him and Capelle was a moron that was 1000's of times worse than Hope.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Veros was the final boss. He was some sort of purple, gay, moon-god person who was P.O.'d at his creation for whatever reason so he wanted to kill everyone to mend his butthurt. He was a complete moron; omnipotent yet fail.

His attacks were rotating lightning bolts and super 'evil' mist that wasn't even poisonous. Super uncool. Also, he made dark portals on the ground, I think. Yeah, he was lame because Capelle killed him and Capelle was a moron that was 1000's of times worse than Hope.

Fail.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'll probably get this game and pwn it next holidays... should be nice and cheap then :D

It's a pretty good game, but it has one major flaw. It's something of a "meh" game for the first twenty hours. That really is a huge flaw considering there are a lot of games that you can beat in under twenty hours.

However after that it really picks up. I played through about all of the content after 100 hours and I was left wanting more. However if I were to replay the game I wouldn't look forward to the first twenty hours at all.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a pretty good game, but it has one major flaw. It's something of a "meh" game for the first twenty hours. That really is a huge flaw considering there are a lot of games that you can beat in under twenty hours.

However after that it really picks up. I played through about all of the content after 100 hours and I was left wanting more. However if I were to replay the game I wouldn't look forward to the first twenty hours at all.

ahh nuts :cry:

I want that good ol' final fantasy goodness. eh, It'll be my mission someday

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Le sigh.
I heard it got bad reviews, happy I didn't waste my money on it.
I'd like a game as great as FFVII to come out someday...but perhaps I'm reaching for the stars on that one.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FF: Versus looks like it has some potential. It seemed very much like the Kingdom Hearts series on PS2 and those were games that I very much enjoyed - especially KH2.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I said it once and I'll say it again: this installment of FF was CRAP. Garbage, from King Garbage, of the Garbage Dynasty.It was geared towards westerners in story and gameplay, and their low view of their intelligence and attention span certainly shows.

I mean, FFXII was another one where the change from previous FF installments was a little jarring, and made it difficult to tell if I liked it or not. I always thought the characters were a little drab, and the world in general lacking a bit of that "fantasy" feel. But after some time it definitely grew on me, and i had NO qualms finishing the game all the way through. Now I think it's one of the best FF games. FF13... I played that nearly to the end and stopped because I saw that it's absolutely retarded and didn't want to waste another single minute on it. The characters I are worse than with FFXII, and even in that one Balthier and Basch had some charm. No such thing with FFXIII. Not even having a black guy in there helped :p.

gameplay I hated because of the lack of personal control. It's not playing, it's pressing A all the damn time. The weapons system is also retarded, though not unlike FFX. FFXII just has me spoiled on that front. And don't get me started on the story... Orphan? ORPHAN!? My ultimate enemy in the game is a fucking ORPHAN?! WTF. Story didn't make any godamn sense, and sure as hell wasn't entertaining. Nowhere near enough to make up for the linear crap gameplay.

ItsAGuy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I still haven't finished FF13... it's a very pretty gave and a couple of the characters are appealing (though I have to say, the red-head seemed to be designed specifically for 'look at my boobs' effect)... but gosh, I was hoping for something a little more malleable like FF12, really... better in the ways it needed to be better and the same in the way FF12 succeeded. Alas, no such luck. =(

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Now THIS guy gets it

[YOUTUBE="OeDQM_0DS34"]FFXIII Sucks[/YOUTUBE]

"This game was made for frag heads with no attention span..."

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I wanted to strangle the red-head! She is TOOOO cheery! I mean she's hiding shit and so it's exaggerated because of this, but come on! I just want a little depth from these 'people', I would rather call them the first example of emotional robots, each designed to expound a specific feeling. This game just bores and annoys me... I never had a reason to go back in time, but now I do. I want to un-buy this game.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I think the reason why the story is weak, character development-wise, was mostly based upon the fact that the Eidolons only come out when the protagonists reach some sort of extremely weak 'breaking point'. Because this is the only way to summon creatures, they had to make the story a complete dramafest.

I rememer one of the producers mentioning that this FF was going to he more about the inner struggle of each character. I think he said something like that, I can't remember exactly because the video was subbed.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Don't you dare strangle my Vanille! Don't you even think about putting your hands on her!

Then shut her up! Fine. You win this time. I don't really know what it was that made the characters seem so flat. I think it was the voice actors and their inability to actually feel when they acted.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then shut her up! Fine. You win this time. I don't really know what it was that made the characters seem so flat. I think it was the voice actors and their inability to actually feel when they acted.

But I love her squealing voice, it makes me want to laugh each time I hear it.

doramider7

MBTI Type
dora
Enneagram
dora
How do you like FFXII? I had more fun with that than any other FF game. (Although artistically I think FFVII was better.) I used a FAQ and grabbed the Zodiac spear, and even with that making the game easier it took me about 100 hours to beat it. (I only left the last few hunts uncompleted, because the reward vs. time needed was pointless...)

I haven't felt compelled to pick up XIII yet, though as a general rule the series has only gone downhill since it turned 3-d.

ItsAGuy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't felt compelled to pick up XIII yet, though as a general rule the series has only gone downhill since it turned 3-d.

I actually was enthralled with #12... sooooooo good; they developed a great world, they spent a great amount of time coming up with their own believable character accents and grammar; gaming mechanisms were fluid and allowed for some creativity on the part of the player. Lurve.

#13... saddens me. I've heard it best described as a 'pretty tunnel.' I'd almost suggest you not pick it up.