• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

some recent console games

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Has anyone here played battlefield bad company? IF so how would you compare to, say, CoD:MW2?

Also, anyone played army of two:40th day?
Dante's Inferno?
Darksiders?

thoughts???

I've got the last three, but only opened darksiders so far

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Has anyone here played battlefield bad company? IF so how would you compare to, say, CoD:MW2?

Also, anyone played army of two:40th day?
Dante's Inferno?
Darksiders?

thoughts???

I've got the last three, but only opened darksiders so far

Darksiders seemed good from the Demo. Dante's, likewise. I actually thought the most disheartening game I've demo'd recently was God of War III. The whole time I was playing, I just thought "I really wish I was playing Ninja Gaiden instead." Combat is terrible is GoW.

Bad Company seemed good but I thought the Multiplayer demo was a little too slow for my liking, pace just isn't there for me. Plus it takes about 15 bullets to kill people, no thanks. Sticking with MW2.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Bad company seems like a game to buy if you enjoy to play online (and don't get into a killing frenzy when people hand you a pad like it's an appropriate tool for an fps game)

the solo campain is about 6+ hours long (or so i've heard, 'd have to check the data)

Lethal Sage

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
10 hours (It's mentioned in one of the previews).

The newest game I've got is Modern Warfare 2. I just finished checking out the back catalog and am waiting for: Splinter Cell: Conviction, Red Dead Redeption, Alan Wake, and Halo: Reach.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I just caused myself to download a free demo of Just Cause 2. Its pretty kick ass kinda like GTA meets Mercenaries. Hefty demo with 30 min free roaming and destroying paragliding, jacking helicopters causing overthetop mehem...cant go wrong there...virtural terrorist/freedom fighter in 3rd world topical paradise.

Lethal Sage

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I forgot to mention that I'm going to be playing the Blur beta that starts today.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII for PS3. It is releases tomorrow.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII for PS3. It is releases tomorrow.

You might want to check out the reviews, such as: Final Fantasy XIII Review for the PS3,Xbox 360 from 1UP.com It sounds like the FF formula has changed quite a bit. I enjoyed FF XII the most (FFVII was the best, but I still enjoyed FF XII the most), so if FF XIII is the opposite of FF XII, I'll probably sit this one out...

On the other hand, FF XIII could be a fresh reboot of the series for some people, just depends on what you're looking for...

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You might want to check out the reviews, such as: Final Fantasy XIII Review for the PS3,Xbox 360 from 1UP.com It sounds like the FF formula has changed quite a bit. I enjoyed FF XII the most (FFVII was the best, but I still enjoyed FF XII the most), so if FF XIII is the opposite of FF XII, I'll probably sit this one out...

On the other hand, FF XIII could be a fresh reboot of the series for some people, just depends on what you're looking for...

Thanks! I did read a bit about the changes yesterday, and thats why I was undecided if I was still wanted to spend the money on it today. Of course I loved VII, didn't get to play XII, unfortunately, because we sold the PS2, and the PS3 we have is one of the newer ones that is not backwards compatible.

KDude

The changes in FF13 are good ones imo. The fights are more challenging than any FF game before it (although it won't seem like it at first.. it's kind of a long tutorial in the beginning). Besides that, these are some of the coolest FF characters in awhile.