• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

basketball as a metaphor for life?

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
"This is not to say that basketball is a religion. It is better than religion. It is a gift and a pure allegory. Whatever local moralities I wish to assign to it, I may, and so may you, as you and I gaze down through the lens of hoops into the old barbarity that the game has elevated into joy. In doing so, of course, we recognize that the rules that once elevated us into joy now govern us. Still, in the complexity of the game, there is the promise of solutions as daring as Doctor J's. And they are personal solutions, because my basketball is not your basketball, and you are not me." - Dave Hickey

any basketball players here? i desire to be illuminated.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i don't know, i think that quote you posted is a little heavy.
but i love basketball, i play it all the time.

i do feel a kind of release when i play basketball, everything just sort of melts away. i feel a kind of blissful happiness when i play basketball, but it is not a happiness you are aware of - it is like a state of pure being, you just act and react.
for me, basketball and swimming are the 2 physical things that i MUST HAVE in my life. haha! they release me.