• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bonnaroo Festival

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm not that impressed with the lineup, but i still want to go just for the experience.

it's expensive though, and i'm trying to save up money to move out in august so i probably won't :(

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Kings Of Leon? WTF? Bonnaroo stopped being the cool jam band festival when they started inviting so much MTV crap and indie rock bands. It's not a jam show anymore.

I don't even see String Cheese Incident, or STS9, or moe., or Phish... maybe they'll be added on later. At least they have Disco Biscuits.

I would rather go to Wakarusa.

MBTI Type
INTJ
There's some head scratchers on the list, but enough bands that I'd go if I were in the neighborhood. Kings of Leon, Stevie Wonder, The Dead Weather, LCD Soundsystem, The Black Keys, The Gaslight Anthem and OK Go are all bands I'd be excited about seeing.

My only question...where the hell are My Morning Jacket? Don't they always play a huge show at Bonnaroo?

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I agree there are some head scratchers on there. Jay-Z? However, Bonnaroo is the sort of place where you are probably going to have a great time no matter who is playing. If you don't like one show, you can always just wander off to another one, or to one of the sideshows.

Lizbot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I worked it last year, and I may work it again this year. It's a free excuse to get away for a week, and you get paid. I could tolerate missing the bands I wanted to see, however I could not tolerate the layabouts who would play hookey and leave the responsible in the lurch.

If you don't have the cash to go and are willing to work, look into either volunteer or paid positions. There may be links on the website.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I worked it last year, and I may work it again this year. It's a free excuse to get away for a week, and you get paid. I could tolerate missing the bands I wanted to see, however I could not tolerate the layabouts who would play hookey and leave the responsible in the lurch.

If you don't have the cash to go and are willing to work, look into either volunteer or paid positions. There may be links on the website.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I enjoy working "backstage" at festivals, sporting events, shows, etc. I haven't in a long time though.

A quick look at the website indicates that they have not yet begun the volunteer application process. There's still time!
https://www.workexchangeteam.com/bonnaroo.php

Lizbot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
That sounds like a pretty good idea. I enjoy working "backstage" at festivals, sporting events, shows, etc. I haven't in a long time though.

A quick look at the website indicates that they have not yet begun the volunteer application process. There's still time!
https://www.workexchangeteam.com/bonnaroo.php

Awesome. Thanks for posting the link, rhinosaur. If y'all have the opportunity, I really recommend it.