• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PostSecret

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So there were no Sunday secrets this week. I wondered why so I did a bit of Googlevestigation. Evidently, Frank enabled comments last week and there have been over 8,000 so far, many of which are judgmental of someone who sent in this secret about giving her cat bleach so she could see her cute vet again. Others are complaining that the comments violate the purpose of the site, to provide a safe space for folks to vent things they feel they can't tell anyone.

I could see why some people would be upset over the bleach incident.

On the other hand, I would rather not see comments enabled either. Perhaps an unofficial forum not attached to Frank, where people could go to comment on the secrets, but the benefit of comments seems to be outweighed by the negatives as well as the ability of the secrets to speak for themselves as well as the need for "safety" when sending in a secret.

I'm willing to tolerate people who bleach their cats in order to see the good stuff from people really struggling with something.

Some have speculated that Frank is retiring the site or something, and a few people even panicked and called the police to let them know that Frank is missing. (LOL.) They were informed that he's just on vacation.

Only in America would people care about a virtual friend like Frank and totally not realize their next-door-neighbor died a few weeks ago and that's why they haven't seen them putter around the yard recently. :)

I can see Frank eventually getting tired of doing this and wanting to move on. Maybe not soon, but eventually...

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
On the other hand, I would rather not see comments enabled either. Perhaps an unofficial forum not attached to Frank, where people could go to comment on the secrets, but the benefit of comments seems to be outweighed by the negatives as well as the ability of the secrets to speak for themselves as well as the need for "safety" when sending in a secret.
Why is it necessary for people to comment on things?

Okay--I'm on a forum, where we comment on things. I run a blog that permits comments. But I sometimes question the value of open commentability.

It's like tacking a coda of kids playing toy pianos to the conclusion of the 1812 overture.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's like tacking a coda of kids playing toy pianos to the conclusion of the 1812 overture.

Oh gee, it's like "Great Tagline Day 2007!" here at MBTIc.

Perfect.

I dare you to go over there and leave it as a comment somewhere. :devil:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Over where? At PostSecret?

Uh huh. :devil:

["Go, my pretties! And bring back the girl, and her little dog too! <cackle>]

[Freaky monkey music plays in the background as the sky is blotted out by a swarming mass of aerodynamic simians]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is it my browser being funky or have comments been disabled now?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I could see why some people would be upset over the bleach incident.

I'm willing to tolerate people who bleach their cats in order to see the good stuff from people really struggling with something.

Yeah. I do think it defeats the site's purpose. What is the point in heaping more guilt on someone who felt guilty enough to send an anonymous postcard in the first place? I think it could make people hesitant to send in their secrets, if the site keeps going after this.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looks like it.
heh.
I'm not called Threadkiller Thaumaturgus for nothing. :D

Mua ha hah! Operation CommentKiller is a success! And now, onto the next phase of my master plan to ... well... I dunno... there are so many options open and I'm rather ambivalent towards all of them, I mean, what if one doesn't work out, and I don't want to over-commit up front, and maybe I should wikipedia this first to get some ideas, and <wanders off in a daze>