• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Last season of LOST (CAUTION: SPOILERS WITHIN!)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Ben was never intended to be a likeable character, but a controversial one. You can argue that some of the worst things he did involved following Jacob’s oders, yet Jacob snubbed him. That struck a chord with me, though I’ve never had a naïve view of Ben as a “good guy"--not totally evil maybe, but far from good. I do, however, have a feeling he’s going to redeem himself in the end.
You're misunderstanding me. I don't care about how "nice" the guy is. Originally, he was portrayed as very competent. He was the one in control, manipulating everyone with his elaborate plan. Now he's portrayed as incompetent, weak, manipulated. Hence, I don't like him anymore.

Regarding his daughter, I don't care that she died. Ben is the one that cared, and he failed.
When he killed Locke, I didn't care that Locke died. Ben was manipulated into believing that killing Locke was in his best interest.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
To be clear, I LOVE the character Locke. He's complicated and nuanced (or was, before he died- now he's a smoke monster). Only a well-drawn character could make me as mad as he does. Jack, on the other hand, I just can't really work up a big feeling about. He is not that well-drawn IMO. I sometimes sympathize with him when he's all WTF GUYS but then he suffers from the same hubris of certainty Locke does when it suits him.

edit: SAYID FTW!

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't judge characters as good or evil more of what I find interesting, entertaining and sometimes charismatic.

Here are the ones I like the best no particular order:

Lock
Michael Dawson
Mr. Echo
Ben
Kate
Sawyer
Hurley
Charlie
That airline/helicopter pilot dude seems cool but the situations they fit him into seem awkward.
The Asian guy who can talk to the dead
The gay heavy set member of the others who came and visited Michael in the real world

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
You're misunderstanding me. I don't care about how "nice" the guy is. Originally, he was portrayed as very competent. He was the one in control, manipulating everyone with his elaborate plan. Now he's portrayed as incompetent, weak, manipulated. Hence, I don't like him anymore.

Regarding his daughter, I don't care that she died. Ben is the one that cared, and he failed.
When he killed Locke, I didn't care that Locke died. Ben was manipulated into believing that killing Locke was in his best interest.

You’re saying, then, that you lost respect for Ben? I’d argue that his superior competence in a way is what caused his downfall because it made him overconfident and egocentric. He was overconfident in believing he could call Keemy’s bluff, which resulted in his daughter being shot. His being manipulated to kill Jacob was a result of egocentric belief in his selfless and extraordinary service to the Island—he hated Jacob for snubbing him and not patting him on the back because it undermined his ego. He’s also a fictional character with a story to serve, which means he had to fuck up eventually and turn out to be tragically flawed, especially if they’re setting him up for redemption.

To be clear, I LOVE the character Locke. He's complicated and nuanced (or was, before he died- now he's a smoke monster). Only a well-drawn character could make me as mad as he does. Jack, on the other hand, I just can't really work up a big feeling about. He is not that well-drawn IMO. I sometimes sympathize with him when he's all WTF GUYS but then he suffers from the same hubris of certainty Locke does when it suits him.

edit: SAYID FTW!

From a viewer perspective I like Locke as an enigmatic, complex character. Among other things, I love the ironic contrast between his life on the Island and his previous life. In the former he’s “special”, has a connection with the Island the even Ben Linus envies, yet before he was this invisible nobody. I remember the scene where he tried to tell Boone he used to work for a box company, and Boone was like, “no way.”

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
locke is without a doubt my favorite character. in fact he is one of the only characters i can stand. it sucks he was being manipulated the whole time by jacob's ex-homey, but oh well.

i don't think locke was too self-righteous. i think that title goes to jack, who is a shitty doctor and a smug fuck in general.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure I like where the first two eps are going.

Quite frankly, Lost lost it's awesomeness around the time they started time traveling (and the island became less mysterious.). First few seasons were great. Now it's just about a fute between two entities, and everyone else are just pawns.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
See, I love it. It's karma! It gives me the warm fuzzies seeing Ben reduced to that. However, I'll be annoyed too, if it lasts much longer. And I'm sure it won't. Either he's going to go back to his usual ways, or he'll redeem himself at the end. As long as the show doesn't end with him being a sniveling victim.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1265940918882.jpg

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

LOL

I posted this @ INTPc, it's from the web game back in 2006 and I only saw it recently. Answers (or does it?) about the numbers and Dharma:

[YOUTUBE="_PPCCcXarkc"]Solve the Equation[/YOUTUBE]