• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rush Poker: An Ne Dream

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
that sounds really homosexual. i like to play poker and figure people out, then play mindgames. this makes that impossible.
I like figuring people out when I'm playing in person, love it actually. Online, I don't. I just seems tedious.

redacted

Regarding the bot thing -- a good player with access to the same statistics and guidelines will still have an advantage, as they can use the exact same strategy as the bot at worst and at best could make a read the bot couldn't.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
Regarding the bot thing -- a good player with access to the same statistics and guidelines will still have an advantage, as they can use the exact same strategy as the bot at worst and at best could make a read the bot couldn't.

There is no reading in rush poker, so the only variables to consider are the bets themselves. As linear values it wouldn't be hard to factor them into an algorithm.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

uh... a human couldn't calculate the statistics quickly enough.
and the entire point of the bot is to use +EV and countless trials in lieu of skill.
that is, it's a completely different way to play poker.

so no, a player using the statistic doesn't really get the advantage. or rather, the human player might have a higher average win per hand [not because of the calculations that he can't make in time], but the bot will invariably have more endurance.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It is very Ne but, the Rush Poker tables are sooooooooooo tight. You almost have to flop the nuts. If you bet after the flop and get called (or raised), you might very well be beat.

I've never seen so many hands get folded all the way around to the big blind. This game has really changed in the last 10 years.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I like figuring people out when I'm playing in person, love it actually. Online, I don't. I just seems tedious.

yeah, i agree, the social part of the game is huge for me. the way it unfolds over the night, and then there are all those incidental things happening alongside the game.
you can't talk shit or drink in online games.

i am a tight player, but rush poker seems so lifeless to me.