• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Die Antwoord: Srsly, wtf?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This "band" was shown to me in my comp graphics class today, and I'm pretty open-minded in terms of music/art, but srsly...wwttttfffff?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_pS46YRMIQ"]Lol @ PF boxers...[/YOUTUBE]
More insanity here...
(If you dare enter their website, be sure to check out their other video clip and The Secret Chamber, tehe)

Has anyone else here heard of this recent phenomenon bamboozling music listeners and internet users by storm?

Is this for real, or is it some elaborate troll forged by those in opposition to the "original for originality's sake" subgenre of the indie music scene? Apparently they have live shows internationally, but I'm still suspicious as to how serious their artistic pursuits really are. It wouldn't surprise me if they were giggling backstage or something...

The website is ballin' though. And the videos aren't too shabby either.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The site looks cool, but the music itself is fairly conventional.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
they are just fucking around for fun, their act is an imitation and exaggeration of the stereotypes within the redneck subculture of South Africa. They are probably giggling backstage, maybe its a parody of something.

"Die Antwoord is a zef rap-rave crew from Cape Town, South Africa.

Die Antwoord crew is Ninja, Yo-landi Vi$$er and DJ Hi-Tek.

"Die Antwoord is a lovable, mongrel-like entity made in South Africa, the love-child of many diverse cultures, black, white, coloured and alien, all pumped into one wild and crazy journey down the crooked path to enlightenment"......

there you have it, "mongrel-like entity made in South Africa, the love-child of many diverse cultures, black, white, coloured and alien". It looks like they are an amalgamation of the most comical\idiosyncratic traits of each of those "cultures"...whatever it is, its fun and different, so salute:strawman:.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Doesn't it sound similar to the other stuff which we get to hear in mainstream media all the time? :/