• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Golden Globes

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Anyone watching? Who do we think wins, who do we want to win? I'd like to see Jeff Bridges take one home, finally.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm watching, but I've been kind of bored. I was thrilled for Drew Barrymore. I loved her in Grey Gardens. Glad Meryl won for Julie & Julia, and not It's Complicated.

Wish there was more Ricky Gervais.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is it just me or does the Streep always get nominated for more awards than she deserves*?

*You can just call me a troll and a cynic and I'll walk away slowly... with theme music. And a dream.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Is it just me or does the Streep always get nominated for more awards than she deserves*?

*You can just call me a troll and a cynic and I'll walk away slowly... with theme music. And a dream.

I agree.

I think she's a fine actress and all and she did a decent job in the movie, but all of the superlatives and accolades she's receiving for the performance baffle me.

And with that said, I'm sure she's "in" for an Oscar nomination... :wtf:

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Streep deserves accolades because she not only had to nail the part of Julia but also justify the Amy Adams character's motivation through her vision of Julia in a symbiotic relationship of sorts. Double-duty, to say the least, as it can be hard enough just to nail the part of a famous person/historical figure...

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Streep deserves accolades because she not only had to nail the part of Julia but also justify the Amy Adams character's motivation through her vision of Julia in a symbiotic relationship of sorts. Double-duty, to say the least, as it can be hard enough just to nail the part of a famous person/historical figure...

I agree. And I'd say it was doubly hard, given most people these days think of the over-the-top Julia Child caricatures in pop culture when they hear the name. Meryl managed to make her real, relatable and charming.

Having said that, I'd rather scratch my eyes out than see It's Complicated.

Lightyear

Christoph Waltz won a well-deserved Golden Globe for Inglourious Basterds!! :smile: And Robert Downey Jr finally won a major award too for playing Sherlock Holmes! :D

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Christoph Waltz won a well-deserved Golden Globe for Inglourious Basterds!! :smile: And Robert Downey Jr finally won a major award too for playing Sherlock Holmes! :D

I was happy for both of them. Waltz really was relishing his role. It showed onscreen and during his acceptance speech.