• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mass Effect 2

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I rarely geek out over movies, music, games, etc about to be released, but this is the exception.

I am thrilled that the game will allow me to import my Shepard from ME1 and continue his/her adventures in the ME universe. Apparantly upwards of a hundred plot decisions you made in ME1 will flow through into ME2 and ME3 (it's slated to be a trilogy) in an overarching story. Classes are the same but have been highly reworked. Superior AI that varies between squadmates, enemy races, and difficulty level. And a risk that if you play through to a "bad" ending, that Shepard is dead and not able to import into ME3.

Anyone else waiting not so patiently? :D

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, I completely geeked out on Mass Effect. :cheese: I read almost every single bit of news I could find, and devoured the entire ME wiki at one point.

I would be waiting impatiently have it not been for my demanding classes this quarter. I want to start ME on its release date, but I know I'll get hooked in and forget about everything else too easily. :doh:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
XBox 360, T_T I so wanna try it out, but then i'd have to buy a second console.

Ahhh, the joy of being a Playstation elitist. :D

In order to get all the good games, you have to buy all the consoles - which is actually isn't any worse than building a gaming computer (I know people who have put thousands of dollars into their computer)

This could go into the psychology of Computer vs Console... hmmm

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yep I'm pretty pumped. I always go Biotic. Gotta make sure my character is ready for migration!

YaeRRoW

Ahhh, the joy of being a Playstation elitist. :D

In order to get all the good games, you have to buy all the consoles - which is actually isn't any worse than building a gaming computer (I know people who have put thousands of dollars into their computer)

This could go into the psychology of Computer vs Console... hmmm

:) There is a PC version on the way :D Ima happy now!

But i'd rather not buy a shitload of expensive consoles just because the game is soo good. Unless ima veery wealthy person.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Yep I'm pretty pumped. I always go Biotic. Gotta make sure my character is ready for migration!

I've got a high level Sentinel ready to go. I recently played through the game again to have all the plot choices I made fresh in my mind. The reworking of biotics looks fun - apparently Adepts will be deadly even without weapons, and Vanguards have their new "teleport to the enemy" move which gets them right into things. :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've got a high level Sentinel ready to go. I recently played through the game again to have all the plot choices I made fresh in my mind. The reworking of biotics looks fun - apparently Adepts will be deadly even without weapons, and Vanguards have their new "teleport to the enemy" move which gets them right into things. :D

Wow, nice on the Sentinel! I know they were never really a popular choice but I always had either Kaiden, Garrus, or Wrex as my teammates because their CC and Debuff abilities are just superb on hard. But yeah, while I thought Biotics are nearly OP once you start maxing their powers [singularity and lift are just insane] they can start out rough. Definitely looking forward to the refinements.

Just debating PC vs. 360. My PC can handle it but I loved the experience on the xbox for the first one, and I'm not liking the whole 2 discs thing unless I can install both to the HDD and play off one disc.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Will be way cool but am not thrilled on being hooked to the box until I finish. Thats what sucks about being a P is it seems like all my focus gets sucked up into entertainment value.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Wow, nice on the Sentinel! I know they were never really a popular choice but I always had either Kaiden, Garrus, or Wrex as my teammates because their CC and Debuff abilities are just superb on hard. But yeah, while I thought Biotics are nearly OP once you start maxing their powers [singularity and lift are just insane] they can start out rough. Definitely looking forward to the refinements.

Just debating PC vs. 360. My PC can handle it but I loved the experience on the xbox for the first one, and I'm not liking the whole 2 discs thing unless I can install both to the HDD and play off one disc.

Sentinels are, in my opinion, a fun but not very "strong" class. You give up the very best stuff like singularity, warp, hacking, and dampening, in addition to having the weakest weapon skills. But you get the batman utility belt to deal with every situation and that made them fun for me. Also I could pack a couple goon characters like wrex and ashley then go wreck things without having to babysit them.

The PC version of most games are usually superior in my opinion. High res textures + mouse and keyboard control.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Working up characters as well. I likely won't pick it up on release date, but it is on the list and may consume food money when it's time (I can handle a few days of rice only living :D).

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm playing an infiltrator and I'm trekking through the game for my first time. I saw the commercial for ME2 that had Wrex in it and I was like. I know who that is, he's my main man killin' machine!:cool:

They really made neat commercials for this sequel.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
The Mass Effect 2 wiki has some good information up regarding which factors of ME1 playthroughs are known to carry over into ME2, and also about which powers each class has access to.

I figure this is good stuff to know if you're going through ME1 to set up a save to import. You can also change your class at the start of ME2. It's neat to see how the focus of each class has shifted. Weapon skills are gone for example, so soldiers have different ammunition types to specialize in.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
The Mass Effect 2 wiki has some good information up regarding which factors of ME1 playthroughs are known to carry over into ME2, and also about which powers each class has access to.

I figure this is good stuff to know if you're going through ME1 to set up a save to import. You can also change your class at the start of ME2. It's neat to see how the focus of each class has shifted. Weapon skills are gone for example, so soldiers have different ammunition types to specialize in.

Thanks, for the site Feops! I'm gonna go check it out right now in fact.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My renegade engineer is ready to screw another council.

I have been considering switching to infiltrator, but I'm not sure it would fit my character.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
My fave was always my renegade, ends-justify-the-means, infiltrator.

Once you get used to "quick-drawing" the sniper rifle with high-explosive rounds, and a few high-end cooling addons, the geth drop like flies in a cloud of Raid.

And Wrex makes short work of any that manage to get by me.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm playing an infiltrator and I'm trekking through the game for my first time. I saw the commercial for ME2 that had Wrex in it and I was like. I know who that is, he's my main man killin' machine!:cool:

They really made neat commercials for this sequel.

I'm afraid that's actually Grunt, a new party member.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, there aren't any returning party members, but some party members will be back in the game for more narrative/continuity/plot reasons.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
The game has apparantly leaked. Please keep this a no-spoilers zone.

Or else. :angry:

My renegade engineer is ready to screw another council.

My renegade did the same... though I'm debating another playthrough on her just to screw things up as badly as possible. Kill Wrex, refuse to recruit Garrus, romance Kaiden then have him killed on Virmire, get Conrad killed, refuse or botch as many side quests as possible, etc.

Yeah, there aren't any returning party members, but some party members will be back in the game for more narrative/continuity/plot reasons.

Tali and Garrus will be returning as playable party members. Others like Liara have some importance but won't be playable.