• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Beowulf"

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What a disappointment.

Robert Zemeckis must have fallen asleep while directing it.

Alan Silvestri provides a nice musical score for the film, though.

Imagemotion-animated characters still look like zombies. I don't understand why the film couldn't have been live-action blended with computer generation. It worked well with Harry Potter and, to a lesser extent, Lord of the Rings.

The Nords of the past are rolling in their graves.

50-50 chance I will write a full review. Which means either I will or I won't.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I am pretty wary of this film. I guess I get that it's a reinterpretation of Beowulf and not actually BEOWULF Beowulf... but something about making Grendel's mother a sexpot really irritates me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am pretty wary of this film. I guess I get that it's a reinterpretation of Beowulf and not actually BEOWULF Beowulf... but something about making Grendel's mother a sexpot really irritates me.

Yes, normally, I try to avoid Angelina Jolie like the plague. Her presence just drives me crazy. I would've at least preferred a no-name actress to portray her. I'm sick of looking at Angelina Jolie as the official sex symbol in practically every movie.

It's the same deal with Morgan Freeman -- he seems to be Hollywood's official wise old black guy character.