• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Official MMA Discussion

_Violence_

Everything MMA-related goes here.

K-1 and boxing, and more obscure sports like Kyokushin, Daido-Juku competition is also allowed.

OK, I'll start.

I believe Fedor Emelianenko is the greatest fighter in the world, of all time. :)

PROOF!!!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY"]Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko[/YOUTUBE]

However, my favorite combat sport has got to be K-1 MAX, which is the 75kg division of K-1. The heavyweights are fun to watch, but I don't think they are anywhere near the technical level of the smaller weightclasses.

The best standup/Muay Thai fighter in the world today:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jm5cJ-OyO0"]Yodsanklai "The Computer Wizard" Fairtex[/YOUTUBE]

KDude

I believe Fedor is the shit as well.. Too bad he doesn't go into UFC (for the sake of just rounding out opponents.. and also, the HW division is dead. Oh, and someone needs to kick the shit out of Brock Lesnar).

Favorite fighter is Machida though. Followed by Bas Rutten, just for being a funny mofo.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Where is GSP? Is he still healing from that groin injury? I really miss his superman punches and beautiful takedowns. Just love the sound of two bodies hitting the floor of the Octagon.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Had a brief super-man crush on Mirko Cro Cop for a while there. Just watching videos of him annihilating people with roundhouse kicks was awesome. Guy had the biggest legs I've ever seen. Then he lost to some brazilian [on a devastating roundhouse kick, no less] and I really haven't seen him around.

I don't really follow much but I watch some fights from time to time. Not a big fan of how potent a good ground game is; I like fights where the guys stay on their feet.

Also, I will forever love MMA for giving me the Gina Carano Bite Lip and Giggle gif.

b7kqbt.gif

*passes out*

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Had a brief super-man crush on Mirko Cro Cop for a while there. Just watching videos of him annihilating people with roundhouse kicks was awesome. Guy had the biggest legs I've ever seen. Then he lost to some brazilian [on a devastating roundhouse kick, no less] and I really haven't seen him around.

I don't really follow much but I watch some fights from time to time. Not a big fan of how potent a good ground game is; I like fights where the guys stay on their feet.

Also, I will forever love MMA for giving me the Gina Carano Bite Lip and Giggle gif.

b7kqbt.gif

*passes out*

Yeah tough not to melt over. She had to be taking professional "sexy" lessons from her manager. I can't believe that would come natural. Didn't she just have a kid or something.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Fedor is the best fighter, and Gina Carano.... i'd do terrible, terrible things to her. Goddamn

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
This guy is the future of the LHW division...

[YOUTUBE="qsy8aT--bGU"]Jon Jones[/YOUTUBE]

He has a crazy wing span, and is one of the most creative strikers I've ever seen.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
^Mega respect to that.

I'mma throw down my fandom for Anderson Silva here as best current p4p fighter in the world right now.

A ton of people don't like his style of fighting, because he's cautious and waits for his opponents to make mistakes, but FUCK, the man's level of technique is staggering. He's had the highest record for defending a title in the UFC, AND he's even fought in a higher weight division.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
This guy is the future of the LHW division...

[YOUTUBE="qsy8aT--bGU"]Jon Jones[/YOUTUBE]

He has a crazy wing span, and is one of the most creative strikers I've ever seen.

He has an unorthodox style that is fun to watch. He'll clean up at lower levels.

He is just asking for one down the pipeline though. A good Tim Sylvia straight cross will be his downfall.

KDude

Oh my bad. I thought you meant you wanted him to fight Sylvia. Heh

I haven't seen enough of Jones to say he's limited, but assuming that he is, it's a dangerous position to be in LWH. Practically every fighter in the division is dynamic.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The point is that Sylvia is a no talent oaf with one tool, right cross. Bones has some holes that need to be patched up.

The guy just got picked up by Greg Jackson, the trainer whose camp includes GSP and Rashad Evans (he's like the Belichick of MMA trainers). If that's not an indicator of potential I don't know what is.

He has an 84.5" wingspan, in the LHW division.

That's insane, no one even comes close.

With the speed, creativity, and accuracy he's already displayed, it is undisputed that he has a very bright future in MMA.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
The guy just got picked up by Greg Jackson, the trainer whose camp includes GSP and Rashad Evans (he's like the Belichick of MMA trainers). If that's not an indicator of potential I don't know what is.

If he is training with Greg Jackson now, he'll get much better and plug up those holes. Jackson did wonders for Joe Stevenson. Completely different fighter.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
wanderlai is going to kick bisbing's ass. end of story.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It seems like various forms of grappling is the key to cage fighting thus even with the more recent rules grappling heavy arts like Brazilian Jujitsu win.

Would that be the same on the street or 1 against 2 or 5 against 5 in the field.(i.e grappler would seem to be very vulnerable with when grappling with a 2nd opponent still standing/kicking them while preoccupied etc...

Is this the case?

If so what is the preferred (superior or most appropriate for the situation) martial art style in fights of 1 against 2, and/or 5 against 5 skilled opponents in fighting?

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
It seems like various forms of grappling is the key to cage fighting thus even with the more recent rules grappling heavy arts like Brazilian Jujitsu win.

Would that be the same on the street or 1 against 2 or 5 against 5 in the field.(i.e grappler would seem to be very vulnerable with when grappling with a 2nd opponent still standing/kicking them while preoccupied etc...

Is this the case?

If so what is the preferred (superior or most appropriate for the situation) martial art style in fights of 1 against 2, and/or 5 against 5 skilled opponents in fighting?

when facing multiple enemies your obviously no going to want to get on the ground, that would only make you vulnerable.

and the weapon is only as good as the person using it, any type of standup would be very effective if used properly in a while facing multiple enemies, or even just one. Keep your distance and pick your shots, preferably striking after they make a move. Defence is really important. If you go in swinging chances are you are leaving yourself open