• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This years movies....

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
This years movies seems to have sulked exponentially......

I've hardly felt the need to got to the cinema at all. With the exception of the latest Harry Potter there has been very little.

I didn't make it to Coco before Channel - but that is the other film I quite fancies.

Now Christams is upon us and there are a few that I'll go and see...

Sherlock homes
St. Trinian's
Nine

And eventually Alice, but I doubt that is released until next year....

Anyone else think this years movie releases SULKED?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It seemed okay. Stand outs for me this year were Avatar and Star Trek, not to mention District 9.

Kool Keith

MBTI Type
INFP
My theory is that Hollywood in general is making less good movies due to things like target marketing and excessive remakes. The last several years have been pretty meh in terms of movies.

I don't know if there have been any Great movies this year but I enjoyed:

Funny People (outstanding)
Adventureland
State of Play
Inglourious Basterds (one of the better Tarantino flicks IMO)

I'd still like to see District 9 and Up, which I am told is amazing.

Sherlock Holmes looks good. Robert Downey, Jr. is worth the price of admission.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
There has been a load of remakes in the last few years, I'm hoping it gets better next year or maybe I've just grown out of movies... which I don't beleive

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've been digging all these "man is the real monster" movies.

Section 9
etc.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There are fantastic movies almost every year. You just have to know where to look.

The Messenger
Julie and Julia
Inglorious Bastards
Up In The Air
Crazy Heart
Precious
Even Star Trek ended up bneing one of my favorites. I could do without there being another apocalyptic/aliens imprisoned on earth/remake of yet another horror movie ever again in my lifetime. I realize they are generally big hits at the box office but...please stop now.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
There are fantastic movies almost every year. You just have to know where to look.

The Messenger
Julie and Julia
Inglorious Bastards
Up In The Air
Crazy Heart
Precious
Even Star Trek ended up bneing one of my favorites. I could do without there being another apocalyptic/aliens imprisoned on earth/remake of yet another horror movie ever again in my lifetime. I realize they are generally big hits at the box office but...please stop now.

The remake is I guess just brining the old versions up to date... lets face it the 70/80s movies were not masively well made... all that cardboard cut out stuff.....

I've not seen any of the above... I might try and rent them...

Really looking forward to Sherlock Homes (and hopefully more movies to get me going next year)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The remake is I guess just brining the old versions up to date... lets face it the 70/80s movies were not masively well made... all that cardboard cut out stuff.....

I've not seen any of the above... I might try and rent them...

Really looking forward to Sherlock Homes (and hopefully more movies to get me going next year)

You won't find most of those on DVD just yet.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yea, they will hit cable first, I think "Julie and Julia" just finished on the cinema, the "The Messenger" sounds good.

Actually I saw the Reader which was good this year. So there has been a a few movies, BUT normally there are loads I want to see and it seems this year there was few and far between......

My locla cincema don't always get the films I'd see by choice, more block buster.... but normally there are enough of interest....

Maybe Jonny Depp is having a year off ;)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Inglourious Basterds, obviously.

Why hasn't anyone mentionned Brüno yet?

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have to agree about this having been a pretty down year in film, actually. I usually go to the movies quite frequently, but the movies that have gotten me out to theaters have been few and far between. The ones I'd consider most memorable for the year are:

Inglourious Basterds
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Star Trek
Julie & Julia

I plan to see Precious, Nine, and Up in the Air. But for us to be approaching award season, I'm surprised there's not more out there that looks appealing. Maybe there are some gems that slipped under my radar? I wonder if we're still seeing the impact of the writers' strike a couple of years ago.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Star Trek was the best this year to me, being they successfully revived and updated an old franchise. I liked it better than any of the Star Trek movies to date.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, got to the end of the movie and blurted out loud as the final scene faded to black. "But I don't get it!" The entire theater burst into laughter.

Where the Wild Things Are? Still not sure about what I thought of it? It was well, ok.

Inglourious Bastards? Didn't see it but sounds promising for DVD.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6

490px-khan_scream.jpg

The only two I can think of are Star Trek and Inglorious Basterds

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I seem to agree with OP to a point. Although there has been some good movies I think the ratio of good v. bad movies is pretty bad.

I am not the person who puts much effort in planning to go to a movie. Often a movie catches my attention and when I make an effort to go see it, its gone or not playing at the hours I am at the movie house.

Pretty disappointed with "A Christmas Carol" with Jim Carrey.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I really liked Julie and Julia and was surprised by Star Trek. I was into it from the very beginning. I loved it! I've hated most of the other Trek movies.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
only movie from this year i saw was year one. it was pretty good, but definetly not the best from jack black

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
in a year where i've struggled to find movies I wanted to see - check out the weekend films....

Nine = which is shaping up to be less inticing given below
Nowhere man = John Lennon youth movie
Sherlock Homes = Robert Downie Jr... yummy
St Trinians = always fun at this time of year

Weird year at the movies - I guess I know what I'll be up to for a few days :D

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nowhere man does look pretty good.
As does sherlock holmes!
So far Avater and district 9 have been best! Saw avatar in 3D wonderful!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I must like movies way too much because i thought this year was a great movie year in comparison to other recent years :x
Even some of the bad horror movies didn't make me feel like i wasted my life since they gave me a great laugh (except Molly Hartley which i downloaded).