• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This years movies....

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nowhere man does look pretty good.
As does sherlock holmes!
So far Avater and district 9 have been best! Saw avatar in 3D wonderful!

yea I'm not really a scie fi movie watcher

How was your Brithday? Good I hope

Belated Happy Birthdays to you.....:D

Happy Christmas too

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I believe the movies that did the best this year were of the "chick flick" persuasion. Stuff like the Twighlight series and romantic comedies and stuff like that. If those weren't your type of movies, then this year looks pretty weak.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I believe the movies that did the best this year were of the "chick flick" persuasion. Stuff like the Twighlight series and romantic comedies and stuff like that. If those weren't your type of movies, then this year looks pretty weak.

-_____- The Twilight nonsense did well, but it is by no means good. I don't know what kind of drugs people are on, but that kind of mind altering is in no way healthy or beneficial.
I wish there were more Sci Fi movies floating around. I enjoyed Pandorum and still have to see Moon.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

Presumably in the middle of an ecconomic depression, stuff like vampires and gohsts become quite population (and the population rises)....

Hmmm weird huh

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Moon
Watchmen
Zombieland
Inglourious Basterds
Star Trek
District 9
The Hurt Locker
Public Enemies
The Road
Sherlock Holmes

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So you liked The Road? That's one of the rare cases where I love the book too much to see a movie version unless it's really, really amazing. And even then...

The book is just so internal and relies so much on McCarthy's language that I doubt most filmmakers' abilities to translate it to the screen. What's moving about it isn't inherently visual or plot-driven, and I worry from the trailers that it comes off as yet another version of The Stand, or else melodramatic when it could be deeply moving.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you liked The Road? That's one of the rare cases where I love the book too much to see a movie version unless it's really, really amazing. And even then...

The book is just so internal and relies so much on McCarthy's language that I doubt most filmmakers' abilities to translate it to the screen. What's moving about it isn't inherently visual or plot-driven, and I worry from the trailers that it comes off as yet another version of The Stand, or else melodramatic when it could be deeply moving.

Well, I understand your fears definitely, The Road is one of my favorite books, and of course the movie can't really compare on the same level. But it is good in its own right. Capturing McCarthy's language isn't really possible, but I'd say it does a good job at capturing the atmosphere.

In any case, I'd say it's definitely worth seeing. I don't see how a movie could in any way destroy an already positive stance on the book.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
nowher boy was very touching....

There are a good few movies coming up that looks like they will be good... Alice; Shutter Island; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows I, and thats without really looking through....

So from the offing better than last year

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I understand your fears definitely, The Road is one of my favorite books, and of course the movie can't really compare on the same level. But it is good in its own right. Capturing McCarthy's language isn't really possible, but I'd say it does a good job at capturing the atmosphere.

In any case, I'd say it's definitely worth seeing. I don't see how a movie could in any way destroy an already positive stance on the book.

Thanks for your opinion. I think I probably will see the movie if it opens in this area. I don't think that seeing a bad movie would destroy my positive stance on a book; the issue is more that I feel very close to the material and it would sadden me to feel that it wasn't done justice. :)

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
inglorious bastards...........anything written by tarantino or woody allen im there

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seemed okay. Stand outs for me this year were Avatar and Star Trek, not to mention District 9.

I saw all those.. pretty good.
And... Best Trek Ever (along with WoK).
Any movie I can watch more than once is high-ranked in my book.

I don't go to the theater much, unless the movie calls for it.
And most years don't seem any better or worse than others.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
These are the theater movies I saw in 2009:

Hotel for Dogs
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Monsters vs. Aliens
Hannah Montana: The Movie
Earth
Star Trek
Up
The Hangover
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
G-Force
Shorts
Planet 51
The Princess and the Frog

I would give thumbs-up to all of them except for Transformers.

If I had to pick one favorite, it would probably be Up, though Earth would be a close second.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
If I had to pick one favorite, it would probably be Up, though Earth would be a close second.

Up was the best movie I saw this year. Star Trek needs to be mentioned because it was a lot of fun. I haven't seen Earth. I'll have to check that one out.