• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Photography

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh WOW, that sounds AMAZING. Consider me insanely jealous!! That whole region of the world is steeped in history. I hope you get to go!

Yes, I love that region of the world as well. The Mediterranean was always where I wanted to go as a kid (the idea of Greece fascinated me, so my first solo trip was to go to Greece, and I wasn't disappointed). I've been to Spain and Italy too...those southern European spots tug me.

Turkey is it's own world though - the clash of the east and the west. Plus a lot of nature thrown in too. I can't wait. :) The only reason I'm 'crossing my fingers' is the political situation to the east; I think it would be unlikely that I wouldn't be able to go, but I'll just have to see. At least I have trip insurance.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd love to learn photography. But I'm too shy to pick up a camera and take photographs. I don't know why, though.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I love that region of the world as well. The Mediterranean was always where I wanted to go as a kid (the idea of Greece fascinated me, so my first solo trip was to go to Greece, and I wasn't disappointed). I've been to Spain and Italy too...those southern European spots tug me.

You have no idea how envious I am of you. I read travel books all the time. Spain looks awesome too. Have you been to Morocco? I heard it was a must-see.

Turkey is it's own world though - the clash of the east and the west. Plus a lot of nature thrown in too. I can't wait. :) The only reason I'm 'crossing my fingers' is the political situation to the east; I think it would be unlikely that I wouldn't be able to go, but I'll just have to see. At least I have trip insurance.

Turkey has some of the most unspoiled ancient Greco-Roman ruins on the planet. But you're right. The region has destabilized even more lately. Their government IS trying to bring in tourism, so I don't believe it will be too long a wait for you if you do have to postpone.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't been to Morocco, but yes, parts of it would be really interesting. I DID make it to Gibraltar, though, so I SAW Morocco.:glasses: And since I stuck to strictly the Andalucia portion of Spain, I did experience a bit of the arabic/moor influence in a few of those cities I visited.

I can refer you to a traveling forum if you ever want to dig into travel topics/research, although it's much more geared towards 'independent travelers'. :)

I'm flying off to L.A. tonight for a little vacation! [by the way, my ability to travel does come with a price...a cubicle job. So, I do pay my dues, and occasionally I question the price. :) ]

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Other than my long list of favorite nature/landscape photographers, one of my favorite photographers is Garry Winogrand. I think he was likely an ESTP. Edit: When he died, he left behind thousands of rolls of undeveloped film and untitled images.

Garry Winogrand said:
Photography is about finding out what can happen in the frame. When you put four edges around some facts, you change those facts.

On one of my rare street photography excursions in the large city I live in, I borrowed a lot from his work when I snapped a photo of the guy who appeared to have been approaching me aggressively in an attempt to steal my camera. I politely thanked this gentleman for the unsurpassed photographic opportunity. :rofl1: (It's good to have a friend watching your back when engrossed in your camera's viewfinder doing street photography! ;))

streettension.jpg

Tension

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Other than my long list of favorite nature/landscape photographers.......

Would you be inclined to post maybe 5 of your all-time favorite nature/landscape photographers???

I myself don't follow the 'experts' in photography and am a total amateur and don't know any of the techie stuff...:blush: ...but would be interested to get a short list so I can look into them next time I go to a library.....

MBTI Type
INTJ
Here are some of my favorite photos. All were taken with a point and shoot, so the quality may not be as good as it can be, but I liked the subjects. I would just link, but the photo site I use went out of business and I haven't gotten them all up online somewhere else yet.

fireworks2odia6.jpg

By fmwarner at 2007-12-14

xmas2007tree2smallbg7.jpg

By fmwarner at 2008-01-05

sheratonlightssmallvx9.jpg

By fmwarner at 2007-10-02

peaknight3smallrn5.jpg

By fmwarner, shot with DSC-S40 at 2007-10-02

hkp1smalldf2.jpg

dsc00226v2smallhk8.jpg

burrardmorningsmallwr1.jpg

bb4smalltg7.jpg

irishdrunkaz7.jpg

bellagiobwsmallzn7.jpg

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i like taking pictures, but by no means does that make me a photographer. im just not very artistic... i do love to look at good photography, either way. :yes:

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
I've been doing photography for about 12 years now. Most of my work was done on 35mm and I've been using a little digital since '01 or so. I want to get a sweet digital SLR, maybe a Rebel since I have a Rebel 35mm and the lenses are somewhat interchangeable.

Somewhere in California along the 5 freeway:
img0905uu4.jpg

Church in Downtown Portland:
img1494us5.jpg

Bikes in NW Portland:
img1422ho6.jpg

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
FM: Some of those photos looks suspiciously like Hong Kong...

I'm a point and shoot type of gal... I know very little about the mechanics, focal length, shutter yada. But I like taking photos of things in interesting perspectives. Might post some up later... but they're nothing fancy.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
FMWarner: What is that area with the skyscrapers at night called? It looks like a major city.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
I like that one of the mountains in California...what is that streak in the sky? It looks cool.

i think it's a lens flare or something... it was from inside of a car so it could just be a reflection on the window...

I like your shot of the big ol' Christmas lights tangled on a tree.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Whoa, I thought I knew this place :D That's right by the death by chocolate? I can almost see where I work in this picture...

The world... it feels so small...

Yep...that's taken right outside my apartment too, so I lived in eyeshot of your work. Talk about small world. Sadly, the Death By Chocolate closed a couple of weeks before I departed.

I love city scenes at dusk - its so relaxing. :)

Actually, this is about 5:30 in the morning. It was so calm and I love the eerie glow that snow gets in the very early morning.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Here are some of my favorite photos. All were taken with a point and shoot, so the quality may not be as good as it can be, but I liked the subjects. I would just link, but the photo site I use went out of business and I haven't gotten them all up online somewhere else yet.

fireworks2odia6.jpg

By fmwarner at 2007-12-14

xmas2007tree2smallbg7.jpg

By fmwarner at 2008-01-05

sheratonlightssmallvx9.jpg

peaknight3smallrn5.jpg

hkp1smalldf2.jpg

dsc00226v2smallhk8.jpg