• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This is the Bitter Roots!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Thanx, Biax!

It's really the guitar player's record. I'm just a borrowed drummer. It was really fun though.

I'm hoping to start a more funky project soon..with odd time signitures, and lots of grooooove...something the hippie chicks can really whirl to, ya know?:yes:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Ballard seems to be overloaded by them lately. Lots of redheads too. Maybe it's a fashion statement. I know not.
!@#$%^! it's cold...

Send some here. I like me some redheads.:newwink:

Well see. That's when you get the females to cuddle so they stay warm. :D

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
I liked! Noticed the drums right off. (In a good way.)

Not sure what you mean by "odd time signatures." A piece in sections, where the changeover each time really catches your attention or emotions? I've been teaching myself the dulcimer (the darn thing is immensely satisfying for some reason) and doing that in one song, making the beginning and ending of a song in a major key and faster tempo, with the middle in a minor key and slightly slower. But if you mean something like 5/4 time, probably only a starfish can dance to it. :D

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I liked! Noticed the drums right off. (In a good way.)

Not sure what you mean by "odd time signatures." A piece in sections, where the changeover each time really catches your attention or emotions? I've been teaching myself the dulcimer (the darn thing is immensely satisfying for some reason) and doing that in one song, making the beginning and ending of a song in a major key and faster tempo, with the middle in a minor key and slightly slower. But if you mean something like 5/4 time, probably only a starfish can dance to it. :D

Thanks for the comments about the drums. I hadn't played much in the last few years, but it was so fun to record that. I remembered why I used to love it so much.
I mean stuff like 5/4. I know it's hard to dance to! Poor hippie chicks. they will have to do their best. I'll try to make it fun for them.

Dulcimer? That sounds fun! What inspired you to give it a try?

BTW: I love the bunny with a pancake on it's head!

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
You can have them all. I'm having an allergy to women right now. Dander!:steam:

You don't call when you have a woman. And you don't call when you don't. I think you're avoiding me. :harhar:

And besides, it's your turn to call. :coffee:

Don't make me come up there....:1377:

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
I mean stuff like 5/4. I know it's hard to dance to! Poor hippie chicks. they will have to do their best. I'll try to make it fun for them.

Dulcimer? That sounds fun! What inspired you to give it a try?

Flipped Out for Five-Four (song title?)

I know I've played something in 5/4 on piano, Tchaikovsky? I just remember it wasn't at all easy to keep from slipping into a more familiar rhythm, but I liked the challenge. Probably the hippie chicks will like the challenge too. :)

Why dulcimer? Because I moved from a house to an apartment and wanted to consciously simplify my life in all sorts of ways. (It's working out great.) I didn't want to bring the piano and looked around for a portable substitute just for private expression when the mood strikes. Someone lent me a mandolin, someone lent me a dulcimer. I really really like the dulcimer.

I guess Biaxident will be wanting to eventually see a video of your red-headed hippie chick fans Flailing in Five-Four Fun. Or he can show up in person as a contest judge? Get those drum sticks out, better get on it.