• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facebook

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
I think that this youtube/facebook era we are living will eventually change the rigidness with many things. I mean, think about politics. If you find one detail of any politician that connects him with some shady characters, its over for him. But, in the future, only something like 20 years from now, everyone has SOMETHING online about them. Then they can't just find one photo and kick you out. We will have less black-and-white world... Unfortunately, it's not just yet...

hmm, I haven't thought about it from that perspective, I hope you're right, that would in all likelihood mean interesting changes for the better in our society, in many ways :thumbup:

wanderlust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Being a high school student, I have a Facebook.

I go on it about once every 4 months to accept the people who added me as a friend. The amount of stupid requests and apps is mind boggling.

It really just seems to be (at least for people my age, who see their "friends" on a daily basis) the next gen IM, with the added bonus of making "popular" people feel like they have even more power due to their friend count.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yep...have one. Much cheaper than long distance charges...keep in touch with everyone from high school friends to friends in other countries.

Its easy to ignore all the dumb things that come with those sites....just hit 'delete'..

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
After being an active user since the summer of 2007, I just deactivated my Facebook account.
I definitely let it become more of a distraction than a beneficial networking tool, so I think I'll stick with e-mail for the time being.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Can a person's friend count relate to extroversion? I have an ENTJ friend that has well over 700 friends. I asked him to come clean and admit that he didn't really know some of those people and he swore that he knew every single one of them.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You can add me to the INTJ's that don't like it. My parents have accounts and were flabbergasted I didn't and no matter what reason I gave, they couldn't understand.

I. Don't. Want. To. Be. Found.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I gotta bad vibe at the start. The first person ever to invite me as a friend>>She knew many things about me yet i knew nothing of her.

Great place to find information to assist in stalking someone though.

V

violaine

I hate the idea of anyone being able to find out information about me or easily keep track of me/look over my shoulder. I hate the idea of being accountable to anyone in that way. I do think it is useful for networking. But I like my privacy too much, so no FB for me.

L

Lasting_Pain

I use to have a Facebook but I deactivated my account after I was bombarded by friend requests, group invites, and other pointless things that come from joining a social community.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I guess I have a Facebook account, if I could remember how to get to it. :D

I fail to see the point of these social networking sites, except for people who already know each other. Therefore, I do see the "social" aspect of them, but not the "networking" aspect, as you don't really "meet" anyone new on these sites, but rather just share pictures etc. with people you already know. (It seems - or maybe just not me 'cause I'm an introvert? :hi: ) Forums such as this one seem like much more of a "networking" system than Myspace or Facebook do. Especially with the new vBulletin features such as friends, blogs, and albums for forums, I fail to see the point of sites such as Facebook or Myspace anymore. I feel they are already outmoded and have been replaced by things like Twitter (or Tweeter, or whatever the name of that fad that will last another 12 seconds is), Youtube, and whatever new thing the kiddies are Googling that we don't even know about yet but that some 15 year-old working out of his parent's garage will sell on the stock market for 1 billion...

<-- is more than over Internet fads; yet, is moving every zig for great justice!

V

violaine

...I fail to see the point of these social networking sites, except for people who already know each other. Therefore, I do see the "social" aspect of them, but not the "networking" aspect, as you don't really "meet" anyone new on these sites, but rather just share pictures etc. with people you already know...

I think it is useful for freelancers. I have a friend who works in film/T.V. who gets a lot of work through facebook. He uses it primarily for work.

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Facebook freaks the shit outta me... I completely disappeared when I was 20 and didn't resurface till a couple years ago. Then MySpace and Facebook came along and there were all these people I went to school with (some I met in kindergarden) and here we are, all grown up, exposing the world to the choices we've made. It's fascinating to catch a glimpse of their lives, but often disturbing as well. I don't really know these people, they don't really know me, and if we really did know each other, we'd realize why we haven't spoken in 15 years.

The wierdest thing about Facebook, as opposed to MySpace, is that you can delete your account and then sign back in later on and everything comes back, like it never happened. I delete my account on a weekly basis. I should probably delete it again before I go to bed...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I just found the 'Typology Center' on Facebook, and applied to join..but I have to be accepted?