• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facebook

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have one. Started an account initially so I could get an idea of who my roommates were and contact them. Over the years I've gone back to just using e-mails, and I suspect that after I graduate, I'll delete the account as I have little use for it.

I'm not too keen on the whole thing. Mostly because within a week of making an account, every freaking person I ever said "Hi" to in highschool started trying to add me as a friend. A lot of them I just forgot about and still have no emotional connection with them. I even think I should go back and delete half the people I did decide to accept on a whim because I never contact them and they never contact me.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
/sigh/ Yes.

But it only causes me trouble as it allows people to contact me. :rolleyes:

V

violaine

No. I've been avoiding getting one but have to for the professional networking aspect. I am loathe to have one. If I could just have work contacts as friends that would be best. I know it won't work out that way. Hehe my sister has an account so any people I knew from school get in touch with me via her, she hates that!

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeppers. Search for "Edahn." I'll add you, no problem. I'll add anyone. *spreads legs*
And you'll get to see 412 photos of Edahn! (Seriously - dude likes his photo album. ;) )

Similar to what someone else said, I joined because someone wanted me to see their vacation photos, and you can't see anything if you're not a "friend". I've played around with it a bit, but can't say I've gotten terribly into it. But I get an email every two minutes or so from the "Compare Friends" app, telling me my friends think I'm nice, funny, and cool, but that I'm not adventurous or hard working. Same email every time.

I was surprised to find that there's a group for INTP Central with 993 members. And no group for MBTI Central. But there is an MBTI interest group called "Jung is Cool and Freud's a Tool".

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yup, and I keep up on the banal minutia of everyone else's status updates via News Feed. Just trying to become more ambiently aware of you, that's all.

I just joined a group called, "If Light Yagami had Facebook, We'd All be Dead!"

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yes, I have an account. It's helpful for reconvening with the scores of people you've met over the years. Some play inter-account games. I never did.

Then I found Wrestler.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Yeah, man. It's better than having to talk to everyone on the phone. Plus, I'm in college now, so it's good for keeping up with people at school that I see in person on a regular basis - homework, arranging meet-ups, whatever.

I guess we need an affiliated mbtic group, eh.

Mole

Permabanned
Freud or Jung?

But there is an MBTI interest group called "Jung is Cool and Freud's a Tool".

In fact Jung was a NAZI collaborator and Freud was a Jew.

And the MBTI interest group is covertly carrying on Jung's interest in reification.

Jung was emotionally sick as well as actively evil.

But Jung was on the losing side of WW II, so it has been necessary to import his poisonous ideas covertly through MBTI.

And look how successful MBTI is - showing that the market for fascism is alive and well. And that the intoxication of fascism is preferred to the sober analysis of the psyche.

It was Freud who gave us the sober analysis of the psyche. And it was Jung who followed the intoxication of fascism.

So, Freud or Jung?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did I add you, Beatster? :-\ I forgetz.

Usehername

On a mission
It was Freud who gave us the sober analysis of the psyche. And it was Jung who followed the intoxication of fascism.

So, Freud or Jung?

Freud was an INTJ who convinced himself for a while that his father "must have been one of those monsters" (incestuous child-abusers) because his Ni was overactive and he was a Te user who saw a commonality between him and, like, 2 of his patients or something. (His dad wasn't sexually abusive. Freud was just an overactive Ni user.)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see that this topic is nearly a year old now. I do have a FaceBook account now, though I didn't when this thread was created.

Mole

Permabanned
Freud was an INTJ who convinced himself for a while that his father "must have been one of those monsters" (incestuous child-abusers) because his Ni was overactive and he was a Te user who saw a commonality between him and, like, 2 of his patients or something. (His dad wasn't sexually abusive. Freud was just an overactive Ni user.)

How extraordinary. This is sheer fantasy.

And it is reminiscent of the fascist fantasy directed against the Jew, Freud.

Anti-semitic fantasy is very deeply rooted and it is deeply rooted in MBTI.

It is ugly and evil. And dare not show its face openly.

And since losing WW II, it hides behind the cult of Jung.