• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that made you vomit

P

Phantonym

oooh- I just saw (and really hated) Funny People!

It was NOT funny, it seemed not to really have a unifying plot and it was WAY too long :thelook:

TOTALLY misnamed!

I quite liked it. Sure, it's a bit long-winded dramedy with some decent actors who don't have much material to play with. And I am glad I didn't have to watch it in a movie theatre. :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A curious perspective from someone representing a movie that would have been completely unremarkable and ignored were it not for the genders of the characters and the goodwill that this fact garnered in the entertainment community.

Personally, I really liked Crash.

No way, Ang Lee directed. It was beautiful to watch.

And you can't ignore the homosexuality, that's what drove the friction of the entire movie. That's like saying Guess Who's Coming to Dinner would be completely unremarkable if Sidney Poitier were white. Well yeah, there wouldn't be much of a movie.

MBTI Type
INTJ
No way, Ang Lee directed. It was beautiful to watch.

And you can't ignore the homosexuality, that's what drove the friction of the entire movie. That's like saying Guess Who's Coming to Dinner would be completely unremarkable if Sidney Poitier were white. Well yeah, there wouldn't be much of a movie.

You may have a point in the comparison to "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner". But I remain convinced that a large portion of the movie's acclaim was politically rather than artistically motivated. You only need look at the last ten years' worth of Best Documentary winners to know that this happens.

Roach

MBTI Type
ISTp
Apart from the obvious titles I thought Funny Games U.S. was pretty damn bad.
Just because I didn't like a movie doesn't necessarily mean I would give it a really low rating but with FGUS I couldn't find any reason at all to rate it higher than 1* (scale 0.5* to 5*)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I detested that movie with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson.

Oh my God, that one with Keanu Reeves? What the hell was it called? I just googled their names...it's Something's Gotta Give. Seriously, that's one of the most terrible films I've seen in my entire life. And I've seen Plan 9 from Outer Space. And A Good Year. And Domino.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh my God, that one with Keanu Reeves? What the hell was it called? I just googled their names...it's Something's Gotta Give. Seriously, that's one of the most terrible films I've seen in my entire life. And I've seen Plan 9 from Outer Space. And A Good Year. And Domino.

*smooches* Oh, Orangey! We must watch tv and movies together always. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone liked that movie. And it was a pretty big hit, as I recall.

(Though you have to see Plan 9 with the Rifftrax if possible.)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
My mother loved Something's gotta give! Especially because "it proves that older women can be beautiful too!" (WTF?! My mother isn't 60 yet!). She watched it about 3 times. I never really knew what she liked about it so much. The characters didn't really feel like real people to me. I couldn't relate to any of them!

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I had one in which a character vomiting (from taking drugs) made me faint (as I made my way out of the room, didn't get far). I don't remember which movie, the scene was in a car.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You may have a point in the comparison to "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner". But I remain convinced that a large portion of the movie's acclaim was politically rather than artistically motivated. You only need look at the last ten years' worth of Best Documentary winners to know that this happens.

I was surprised I liked it as much as I did, considering I don't find homosexual stories very appealing at all.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
^ P.S I love you xD
aaaargh gerard butlers stereotypical irish accent *shakes fist* >:[

I would just like to clarify that IRISH PEOPLE DO NOT SOUND LIKE THAT!!!

You must feel nauseated watching a lot of American cinema and TV, then. It's funny, but no one in my (American) family can seem to tell when someone's accent is or is supposed to be Scottish or Irish (or even English sometimes) /reinforcing stereotypes. Unless, of course, they are carrying bagpipes, wearing copious amounts of green, etc. ;) And they don't care most of the time. I'm guessing that many American audiences have similar attitudes. :rolli:

Anywho, i'd rather gauge my own eyes out than watch The Cube or Mona Lisa Smile again.
Oh and the matrix and lord of the rings *Coma* xD
I fell asleep in the cinema during LTR

I completely agree about LOTR - at least for the last installment. It was excuciating to sit through the poorly edited last 20 minutes of the film. I wanted out of the theater, too. :shock:

KDude

I walked out of Anchorman the first time I saw it.. Completely stupid!!

But I've seen it at least 40 times since and I love it.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Mama Mia almost made me want to vomit

I never saw it, but the previews looked atrocious. I was thinking, "Surely no one is going to want to SEE that, right?" And then when I saw that it was the feel-good-Mom-movie-of-the-year, it merely doubled my resolve not to see it.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Notebook.

It was supposed to be sooo awesome you don't even have to rent it, just buy it. Blech. I just kept waiting for it to get better. It never did.

Agree! It is so beloved by so many, but it disgusted me and made me annoyed at the same time.

KDude

Haha.. I'm a guy, but I enjoyed it. I suppose it's a chick flick? But I thought the parts with old guy were great.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha.. I'm a guy, but I enjoyed it. I suppose it's a chick flick? But I thought the parts with old guy were great.
A guy who can appreciate a chick flick seems to be in high demand.
I'm a chick who enjoys romantic stories, but it didn't speak to me at all. I liked Shakespeare in Love and a lot of people thought that was overrated. Also it bugged, because I know someone who cared for a partner who died of Alzheimer's and its the most profound act of love I have seen but it didn't look like that movie.

Sparks is a master of romance ? Not to me.